Dr. G. Kannan
|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
|Areas of Expertise
||Embedded Systems, Microprocessor and Microcontroller designs, Wireless Sensor Networks
||Software for Embedded Systems, Advanced Microprocessor and Microcontroller
|Date of Joining at BSAIST
|Years of Experience at BSAIST
||6 Years 5 Months
Areas of Research Interest
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- Low Power Embedded applications
- Wireless Sensor Networks
No of students pursuing Ph.D : 06
No of project Guided at PG level : 10
No of project Guided at UG level : 14
Research Publication in Journals
- Ms. V. Kavitha and Dr. G. Kannan,2016,” Coverage Hole Detection and Healing in WSN – A Survey”, International Research Journal of India, Volume: I, Issue :XI, ISSN-24548707
- Muthu Krishnan, R & Kannan G, 2016, “Polygon Shaped 3G Mobile Band Antennas for High Tech Military Uniforms” Advanced Electromagnetics, Vol. 5, No. 3, Nov 2016.http://aemjournal.org
- Kannan, G & Sree Renga Raja, T 2015, ”Energy Efficient Distributed Cluster Head Scheduling scheme for Two Tiered Wireless Sensor Network”, Egyptian Informatics Journal, Elsevier Journal, vol.16,no.pp.167–174,SNIP :0.814 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1110866515000092
- S.Sathyasurya, Dr.G.kannan , 2015, “Spatial Positioning Algorithm With Floating Point In Articulated Systems for Automatic Stability Balancing”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research,vol.10, no.55, pp.3177-3182.
- R.Mohamed Thameez, Dr.G.Kannan,2015,” Design And Implementation Of Smart Sensor Interface For Herbal Monitoring in IoT Environment”, International Journal of Engineering Research-Online, vol.3, no.2, pp.469-475.http://www.ijoer.in/3.2.15/469-475%20R.MOHAMED%20THAMEEZ.pdf
- R Poornima, G Kannan, 2015” Development of Real Time Embedded Control System for Transfer Arm Examination Facility In PFBR” i managers journal on Embedded systems vol.4,no.1,pp 24-27. ISSN-2278-7895.
- Kannan,G & Sree Renga Raja, T 2014, ‘Power Saving Algorithm for Long Life Wireless Sensor Networks’, International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology, vol. 1 no 4, pp 50-53, ISSN : 2349-6002.
- Thamim,M & Kannan, G, 2014, An energy efficiency distributed routing algorithm based on HAC clustering method for WSNs”, AIMS Journal of Research, ISSN 2321-8487, vol 9,no 1.05
- Kannan , G & Sree Renga Raja, T 2013, ‘An Efficient Cluster-based Reliable Power Aware Scheme (RPAS) for Network Longevity in WSN’, WSEAS Transactions on Computers, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 366-373. E-ISSN: 2224-2872. http://www.wseas.org/multimedia/journals/computers/2013/a065705-261.pdf
Research Publication in Conference
- Kannan G & Muthu Krishnan, R, 2016 “Polygon Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna for Wireless Sensor Networks ”, 8th National Conference on “Recent Trends in VLSI, Information and Communication NCRVIC 2016 ,” B.S Abdur Rahman Institute Chennai, during 11th and 12th August 2016.
- Muthu Krishnan, R & Kannan G , “A Compact Simple Patch Antenna for ISM Band 2.4GHz” International Conference on emerging Trends in Electrical, Electronics and Communication Systems (ICEEECS’16) University College of Engineering , BIT, Anna University Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, during 24-26 September 2016
- Manoj Praveen. M, & Kannan.G 2014, “Low Power Node Design for Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology -ISBN No. 978-93-5137-551-7, Mount Zion College of Engineering and Technology, Pudukkottai.
- Poornima. R, & Kannan. G, 2014 “Model Based Real Time Control System for Transfer Arm Examination Facility in PFBR”, in the National Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronics, Instrumentation and Control (ETEIC-2014),Valliammai Engineering College, Chennai.
- Sujeeth, P & Kannan, G 2013,”Power management in wireless sensor networks using RFID mechanism for animal tracking application”, National conference on VLSI, Embedded system and Signal Processing, Sri Lakshmi Ammal engineering college, Chennai
- Geethanjalli, M & Kannan G 2013,”Low power pipeline monitoring system”, Intelligent computing in instrumentation and communication, Sai Ram engineering college, Chennai.
- Pradeep, AV & Kannan.G 2012,”Energy Consumption Estimation in Wireless Sensor Node” International Conference on Computing and Control Engineering, M.G.R University, Chennai.
- Kannan, 2008, “Semantic Knowledge Management for Grid Applications” National Conference on High Performance Computing, S.A Engineering College, Chennai.
- Kannan, G 2007, “Dynamic Power Management for Embedded and Portable devices” National Conference on Embedded Systems, Kalasalingam University, Srivilliputhur. Kannan, G & Sree Ranjani,T 2005, “Designing a Web Enabled Embedded Controller” National Conference conducted by IIITM-Gwalior(Abhigyan-2005).
Journal Publication Citation
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education-ISTE- LM 46657
- Life Member of International society for Research and Development- ISRD – M4150902487
- Hands on Training on “Application Design using Arduino Board” on Feb 23-24,2017.
- Eighth National Conference on “Recent Trends in VLSI, Information and Communication (NCRVIC-2016)” organized on August 11 & 12 , 2016.
- Organized one day workshop on “Embedded System Design using MSP430 Processor”held at B.S. ABDUR Rahman Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India on 24-10-2013.
- Organized National Conference on Recent Trends In VLSI, Information and Communication (NCRVIC-2012) held at B.S. ABDUR Rahman Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India on 4th APRIL 2012.
Workshop FDP Attended
- Two days workshop on “Recent Research Techniques in Wireless Communication and Networks “ organized by BSAIST in association with National Instruments Bangalore on 08 and 09 Feb 2016.
- Two days workshop on “Wireless Gesture based Robotics workshop” Skyfi labs Bangalore on 22 and 23 August 2014.
- Attended one week Faculty Development program on “Recent trends in wireless sensor networks” , S.A Engineering College, Chennai, from 17-12-2014 to 23-12-2014.
- Attended one day workshop on “How to Ph.D. to an international standard – an international perspective and “How to publish articles in peer – viewed journals”, BSAIST on 5th August 2013
- Attended one day workshop on “Educators Day” – National Instruments Bangalore on 02-09-2013
- Two days workshop on “Wireless Sensor Networks : Research Issues and practical solutions” B.S Abdur Rahman Institute Chennai on 13 and 14 th Dec 2012.
- Two days workshop on “Applications of MSP430 processor in Embedded systems” Gill Instruments Bangalore on 20 and 21 Jan 2011.
- Attended Five days course on “Wireless Sensor Network and Programming”, BVB College of Engineering, Hubli, Karnataka, India Indo- US Engineering Faculty Leadership Institute from 15-06-2011 to 19-06-2011
- Attended Five days “Induction training program for faculty”, organized by Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and technology and NCSTC Delhi from 27.6.11 to 1.7.11