|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
||Embedded System Technologies
||Anna University, Chennai
||Electronics and Communication Engineering
||Anna University, Chennai
||No. of Years
|Senior Research Fellow
||SSN College of Engineering
||February 2019 to June 2019
|Senior Research Fellow
||SSN College of Engineering
||June 2016 to January 2019
||2 Years & 8 Months
||Rajalakshmi Engineering College
||June 2012 to January 2016
||3 Yeras & 8 months
- RF System Design
- Digital Electronics
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller
- Embedded Systems
Area of Research Interest
- Terahertz Devices
- Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja, S. Radha, “A method of fabricatinmicrofeatures in NbN superconductor using ns-pulsed laser” (201841030305/CHE/2018)
- Indhu,S.Radha, B.S.Sreeja, E.Manikandan, “Quantifying cholesterol level in human serum using laser induced breakdown spectroscopy(LIBS)” (201841030310/CHE/2018)
- Padmalaya,E.Manikandan,B.S.Sreeja, S.Radha, P.SenthilKumar “Patterned 2D thin films topological insulators for potential plasmonic applications” Edited by HuixiaLuo pp. 361 – 391, WILEY-Scrivener Publishing LLC, USA(John Wiley & Sons., Inc)
SCI Indexed International Journals
- Manikandan, S.SasiPrincy, B.S.Sreeja, S.Radha,” Structure Metallic Surface for Terahertz Plasmonics”, Plasmonics, Springer, 2019 (IF : 2.346).
- SasiPrincy S; Sreeja B S, Manikandan E, RadhaS,”Ultrafast Laser Micromachined Broadband Terahertz Frequency Selective Surface”, Bulletin of Materials Science, Springer, 2019 (IF : 0.925).
- Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja, S. Radha, Ravi Nathuram Bathe, Ravikumar Jain , ShriganeshPrabh, “A Rapid Fabrication of Novel Dual Band Terahertz Metamaterial by Femtosecond Laser Ablation”, International Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, October 2018 (Published Online), vol. 40, issue. 1, pp. 38-47 January 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10762-018-0543-x(Thomson Reuters, IF:1.677)
- Manikandan , B. S. Sreeja , S. Radha, MuthukannanDuraiselvam, Abhishek Gupta, ShriganeshPrabhu, “Microfabrication of Terahertz Frequency Selective Surface by Short and Ultrashort Laser Ablation”, Optical Engineering – SPIE, vol. 58, issue 1, 2018. DOI: 10.1117/1.OE.58.1.011007 (Thomson Reuters, IF: 1.042)
- Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja , S. Radha , G. Padmalaya, “Numerical Studies on Effect of Superconducting thin films on Radiation Performance of Multiband Mid-Infrared Nano Patch Antenna”, Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 47 (10), pp. 6272-6281, October 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-018-6538-5 (Thomson Reuters, IF: 1.566)
- Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja, S. Radha, “Low Cost Flexible Multiband Terahertz Planar Antennas for Bolometer Applications”, Journal of Active and Passive Electronic Devices, vol. 13 (2/3), pp. 87-95, September 2018 (Thomson Reuters, IF: 0.534)
- Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja , S. Radha, Ravi Nathuram Bathe, “Direct Laser Fabrication of Five-Band Symmetric Terahertz Metamaterial with Fano Resonance”, Materials letters, vol. 229, pp. 320-323, October 2018 (Thomson Reuters, IF: 2.687)
- ManikandanEsakkimuthuSreeja B S,RadhaS, AbhishekGupta, GoutamRana, Prabhu S, Laser Patterning of Thin Film Copper and ITO on Flexible Substrates for Terahertz Antenna Applications, JLMN-Journal of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering Vol. 12, No. 3, 2017 ,pp 313-320.(Thomson Reuters-IF.0.784)
- S. SasiPrincy, E. Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja , S. Radha, “Polarization dependent five-band Terahertz Metamaterial using two resonators”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, pp.1-4, January 2019 (Published Online) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.31691 (Thomson Reuters, IF: 0.948).
- E. Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja , S. Radha, Abhishek Gupta, ShriganeshPrabhu, ‘Microfabrication of Low Cost Frequency Selective Surface for Terahertz Wave by Laser Ablation’, Journal of Electronic Materials)(IF: 1.566)(Published Online)
- S.DeepaNivethika, B.S.Sreeja, E.Manikandan, S.Radha, “A stretchable smart and highly efficient radio frequency antenna on low cost substrate”,Microwave and Optical Technology Letters,https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.31242,Vol.60, Issue 7,July,2018,Pages 1798-1803(IF: 0.948)
- Indhu R, Radha S, Manikandan E, Sreeja B S, Ravi Nathuram Bathe, “Micromachining of biocompatible polymer substrate for cancer cell separation applications”, Microsystem Technologies, DOI: 10.1007/s00542-018-4073-1, 27th July 2018, Thomson Reuters (IF- 1.581)
- Indhu R, Radha S, Manikandan E, Sreeja B S, Ravi Nathuram Bathe,” Femtosecond laser machined miniaturized micro device for serum separation in bio-sensing applications, Journal of Optoelectronics And Advanced Materials Vol. 21, No. 3-4, March – April 2019, p. 238 – 243 (IF : 0.4)
- E.Manikandan,G.Padmalaya,Sreeja B S,Radha S “Solar Power”,Water and Energy International,Central Board of Irrigation and Power(CBIP), Volume 59, Pages 39-42. SNIP-0.12(Scopus Indexed)
- E Manikandan, KA Karthigeyan, K ImmanuvelArokia James, Micro electro mechanical system (MEMS) based pressure sensor in barometric altimeter,Vol.2, issue 8, 2011
- A.Elakkiya, S.Radha, B.S.Sreeja, E.Manikandan,”Optically transparent efficient terahertz patch antenna for space applications”,Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, Vol. 20, No. 9-10, September – October 2018(IF: 0.39)
- S.Deepanivethika, B.S.Sreeja, E.Manikandan, S.Radha, M.Senthilpandian, “Lycra fabric as an effective stretchable substrate for a compact highly efficient reversibly deformable broadband patch antenna”, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, Vol.20, No.11-12, pp. 634-641, 2018(IF: 0.39).
- SasiPrincy S; Sreeja B S, Manikandan E, Radha S,” Design of polarisation-dependent multiband terahertz frequency-selective surface using two resonators”, 92(6) · June 2019Pramana-Springer(IF: 0.699)
- Indhu, R., Radha, S.,Manikandan, E., Sreeja, B.S. and Ravi, B.,” Fabrication of silicon microstructure for cell separation using ultrashort laser ablation”, Microsystem Technologies, pp.1-6, 2018, DOI: 10.1007/s00542-018-4233-3, (Thomson Reuters, IF: 1.581)
- R.Indhu, S. Radha, V. SathieshKumar , E. Manikandan, B. S.Sreeja, J.Sumathi, “Study on Cholesterol Contents Using Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy”, Sensor Letters, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 951-954, December 2018. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.17)
- G.Padmalaya, B.S.Sreeja,S.Radha, E.Manikandan,G.Rajkumar, ynthesis and Characterization of Novel Chitosan/Yttrium Oxide Nanorods and Their Electrochemical Sensing Performance Towards Cd (II) Ions, Journal of Electronic Materials, 2019, 10.1007/s11664-019-07063-3 (Published Online).
- E, K.A.karthigeyan, Sreeja B S, Radha S, “MicrostructuringNbN superconductor using Pulsed Laser”, LPM2019 – The 20th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication, May 21 to May 24, Hiroshima, Japan.
- Muthulakshmi, R P. Suryasankarar, K.A.Karthigeyan, E.Manikandan, Sreeja B.S, Development of paper based Microfluidic channel using laser ablation, LPM2019 – The 20th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication,May 21 to May 24, Hiroshima, Japan.
- ManikandanEsakkimuthu*, Sreeja B S, Radha S, MicrostructuringNbN Superconductor using Pulsed Laser, IPS Meeting, 13 – 15 March, 2019, Singapore.
- SasiPrincy S, Sreeja B S, ManikandanEsakkimuthu*, Femtosecond Laser Micromachined Terahertz Frequency Selective Surface, IPS Meeting, 13 – 15 March, 2019, Singapore.
- Indhu R*, Radha S, ManikandanEsakkimuthu*, Sreeja B S, Fabrication of Microfluidic Device for Cell Separation using Laser Ablation, IPS Meeting, 13 – 15 March, 2019, Singapore.
- Muthulakshmi L, Suryasankarar R P, ManikandanEsakkimuthu*, Karthigeyan K A, Sreeja B S, Development of Paper based Microfluidic Channel using Laser Ablation, IPS Meeting, 13 – 15 March, 2019, Singapore.
- E. Manikandan , B. S. Sreeja , S. Radha , “Patterning Thin Film ITO by Laser for Optically Transparent Terahertz Antenna Applications”, in the Proc. of the 18th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication (LPM 2017), June 5-8,2017, Toyama, Japan.
- E. Manikandan , B. S. Sreeja , S. Radha , “Patterning Thin Film Copper by Laser for Terahertz Antenna Applications”, in the Proc. of the 18th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication (LPM 2017), June 5-8,2017, Toyama, Japan.
- E. Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja , S. Radha , “Microfabrication of Terahertz Component by Laser Ablation”, National Photonics Symposium (NPS-2018), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin during February 27 to March 1, 2018 (Best Paper Award)
- E. Manikandan, B. S. Sreeja, S. Radha , Diwakar,A. Murugesan, “Terahertz Characterization of Polymer”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Smart Materials (NCETSM’18), SSN College of Engineering, January 2018. (Best Paper Award)
- R. Indhu, S. Radha, V. Sathiesh Kumar, B. S. Sreeja (Faculty/ECE), E. Manikandan, “Study on Cholesterol contents detection using Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy”, National Photonics Symposium (NPS-2018), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin during February 27 to March 1, 2018.
- A. Elakkiya, E. Manikandan and B. S. Sreeja, “Ambient infrared energy absorbing device using planar microstructure,” 2017 Devices for Integrated Circuit (DevIC), Kalyani, 2017, pp. 830-832.
- Manikandan E, Sreeja B S and Radha S, “Laser Surface Textured Metal Structure for Infrared Energy Harvester”, DAE-BRNS National Laser Symposium-25,KIIT University, Bhubaneswar,December 20-23, 2016
- Padmalaya.G, Sreeja B.S and Manikandan.E,”International Conference on nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICNAN’16), VIT University, 19-21 october 2017(Best paper award)
- E. Manikandan, K. A. Karthigeyan and K. ImmanuvelArokia James, “Design of parallel vector/scalar floating point co-processor for reconfigurable architecture,” 2012 International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET), Kumaracoil, 2012, pp. 841-845.
- E.Manikandan,B.S.Sreeja,”Terahertz Rectification”, QIP Short Term Course cum Workshop on “Industrial Application of THz Radiation”, 27 March-04 April 2017, IIT Kharagpur.
Courses / Workshops / Schools Attended
- SERC School: Radiation Detector Materials and Its Selected Applications” from 23-08-17 to 12-09-17 at Department of physics, SSN College of Engineering (21 days)
- GIAN Course: Coupling-Matrix Design of Advanced RF/Microwave Filters, 11th December 2017 to 16th December 2017 at IIT Madras(6 days)
- QIP: QIP Short Term Course cum Workshop on “Industrial Application of THz Radiation”, 27 March-04 April 2017, IIT Kharagpur(6 days).
- TEQIP II: “Research Scopes in Micro Engineering” 28 to 30 April 2016 at NIT, Trichy(3 days)
- ISTE Course STTP: Signals & Systems workshop organized by IIT Bombay (2 weeks)
- DBT STTP: Recent Trends in Thin Film Development and their Applications in Biomedical and Biosensor Devices,12th march to 28th march, 2018 at Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
No of national levels workshops attended: 7
Awards and Honors
- Received DST ITS Travel Grant for the year 2019-To present paper at LPM 2019, Japan
- Recipient of Finalist Award at Titan Technology Tune In (TTI) 2.0 held at Titan Industries, Hosur – Title: Ultra-short Laser Micromachining.
- Best Researcher Award for the year 2018, Research Day, SSN College of Engineering
- Best paper award in national and international conferences: 3
- Best oral presentation award: 1 (SSN Research Scholar Day 2018)
- University 2nd Rank in master degree- Received Gold Medal from VeltechMultitech Engineering College, Avadi.
- Junior Research Fellowship (3 years)-SSN Trust, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
||Date and Duration
||Name of the Organization
||04-12-18 to 05-12-2018
||SSN College of Engineering, Chennai
||Laser Micromachining-Comprehensive Hands on Training In MEMS Design Tools
||Department of ECE
||SRM Institute of Science and Technology (Kattankalathur)-Invited
||Terahertz Metamaterials for Sensing Applications
||Department of Biomedical Engineering