|Nature of Employment
||B.E, M.E., Ph. D
||Year of Passing
||Power systems Engineering
||Electrical and Electronics Engineering
||University of Madras
||Electrical and Electronics Engineering
||BSA Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
(Deemed to be university)
|08.07.2019 to Till date
||Tagore Engineering College
||02.04.2018 to 04.07.2019
|Sr. Assistant Professor
||Tagore Engineering College
||01.07.2015 to 01.04.2018
||Tagore Engineering College
||01.08.2010 to 30.06.2015
||Tagore Engineering College
||25.08.2006 to 31.07.2010
Area of Research Interest
- Power system
- Renewable energy system
- Electric Vehicle
- Power quality
- Active filters
- Microgrids and smart grid
No. of International Journal Publications: 17
- S.Amirta Raj, D.Lakshmi, V.Madhan kumar and R.Zahira “Switching Loss Reduction and Simulation of Quasi Z-Source Inverter System Fed BLDC Motor”. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol. 29, no. 04, Feb. 2020, pp. 1149-57
- Veerakumar.P, Sundar.R, D.Lakshmi, R.Zahira, “Automatic Temperature Control System for Ship’s Turbine Main Oil Cooler Using PIC Microcontroller”. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol. 29, no. 04, Feb. 2020, pp. 1170-74
- Zahira, D.Lakshmi, Ravi.C.N, S. Sasikala, “Power Quality Enhancement Using Grid Connected PV Inverter”, Jour of Adv Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, (Scopus) Vol. 10, 05-Special Issue, pp 309-317, 2018.
- Zahira, S.Baskaran*, D.Lakshmi2, S.Benisha,”Arduino Based Intelligent Parking Assistance System” International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.11 No.04, pp 101-106, 2018.
- Zahira, Ravi.C.N., Lakshmi.D., Benisha.S,. “Steady State Optimal Power Flow” International Journal of ChemTech Research (Scopus), Vol.11 No.04, pp 153-157, 2018.
- Zahira S.Benisha, D.Lakshmi, “Dc – Dc Converter Integrated With Voltage Multiplier For High Voltage Gain”, IJARTET, pp 21-26, 2018.
- Zahira S. Baskaran, D. Lakshmi, , G. Ezhilarasi, “Hybrid Solar System Using Mppt Algorithm For Smart Dc House”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, (Scopus), Vol.118, No.10, pp 407-417, 2018.
- Zahira, D. Lakshmi and G.Ezhilarasi,”Optimization of Unit Commitment Using Ant Colony Algorithm”, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 10(1) January 2016, Pages: 709-714.
- Zahira, D. Lakshmi, G. Ezhilarasi, and V. Balaji, “Design and Optimization of Battery Voltage Source to Use with PMDC Motor”, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 24 (3): 955-961, 2016,ISSN 1990-9233, IDOSI Publications, 2016.
- Zahira, A. Peer Fathima, Ranganath Muthu,”Harmonic Reduction in Wind Power Generating System Using Shunt Active Filter with SPWM Technique”, Circuits and Systems, 2016, 7, 157-165.(updated annexure-2016).
- Zahira, D. Lakshmi” Optimisation of Two Area Power System Using Differential Evaluation Algorithm”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Vol. 4, Special Issue 3, April 2016,pp-63-67.
- Zahira, N. Ramya and Sasikala, “A Noval Multi Input Grid Connected Bidirectional Converter for Hybrid Systems”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics(Scopus), Volume 119, No. 12, pp.2993-3004, 2018
- Zahira, S. PremKumar, “Different Types of Control Strategies For Shunt Active Filter” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 9 No.22 (2014) pp. 6652-6658..(Annex-II,SCOPUSINDEXED)
- Zahira,S.Ramamoorthy, D.Lakshmi “Literature Survey of Standalone PV System Using MPPT Techniques”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 9 No.22,(2014)pp.6787-6794..(Annex-II,SCOPUSINDEXED)
- Zahira, Mr.S.Prakash “Power Quality Improvement By Harmonic Reduction Technique” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 9 No.22 (2014) pp. 6795-6800..(Annex-II,SCOPUSINDEXED)
- Zahira, S.Ramamoorthy,” Hysteresis Control Based Shunt Active Filter For Harmonics Suppression” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 9 No.22 (2014)pp.6855-6860.
- Zahira, A. Peer Fathima, and Ranganath Muthu , “Modelling, Simulation and Implementation of the Three-Phase Fuzzy Based Shunt Active Filter for Limiting the Total Harmonic Distortion”, Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 622 (2014) pp 121-126 doi:10.4028, .(Annex-II, SCOPUS INDEXED)
- Zahira, A.Peer Fathima, Ranganath Muthu, “Hardware and Simulation Modelling of Shunt Active Filter Controlled by Sliding Mode Technique”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 9 No.24 (2014) pp. 8229-8235. .(Annex-II, SCOPUS INDEXED)
- Zahira,P. Sheshathri ,M. Syed Shafiullah ,S. Vishnu ,Vishnu Prasad “Technical Investigation on Microgrid and Power Quality Impact” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 4, April-2014,pg 183-187.
No. of International Conference papers: 03
- D. Lakshmi, A. Peer Fathima, R. Zahira and M. Balamurugan, Load frequency control of a two-area deregulated power system integrated with DFIG using pollination algorithm, Second International Conference on Power Engineering Computing and Control (PECCON-2019), December 2019
- Zahira, A.Peer Fathima, Ranganath Muthu “Sine PWM Technique For Reducing Harmonics In Three Phase Non Linear Load” has been selected in The Second International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES 2014) will be held at SSN College of Engineering with the support of IEEE, during 7-9 January 2014 . same published in IEEE xplore 978-1-4799-3739-4/14/$31.00_c 2014 IEEE,pg 56-60.
- Zahira, J.Sandhiya, M.Samundeeswari, S.Yamini, “ Power Quality Improvement In Wind Energy System”, Proceedings of International Conference on Electrical, Communication and Computing, ICECC – 2014, 13th & 14th March 2014 at Tagore Engineering College, pg :559-562.
- Zahira, A.Peer Fathima, “A Technical Survey on Control Strategies of Active Filter for Harmonic Suppression” has been Selected and Presented in International Conference on Communication Technology and System Design 2011 (ICCTSD 2011), & Published by Elsevier Ltd.,held on 7-9th of December 2011 at Amrita University,Ettimadi, pg 706-713.Paper also available in Science Direct. Procedia Engineering, Elsevier vol 30 (2012) 686 – 693.
No. of National Conference papers:10
- S.Amirtharaj, Selvarani. M, Lakshmi.D, Zahira.R, “Design Of MOSFET Inverter For A Grid Connected Photovoltaic System” Proceedings of AICTE Sponsored National Conference on Recent Advances in On-Board Ship Automation (RAOBSA-2019), 26th – 27th, September, 2019, Chennai, ISBN: 978-93-85434-75-4.PP-253-256
- Zahira ,S.Vikraman,” A PFC Bridgeless Buck-Boost Converter Fed PMBLDC Motor Drive For Adjustable Speed Low Power Applications” published in National Conference on Recent Advances in Science, Engineering and Management, NCRASEM-2015, conducted by Tagore Engineering College on 20th March 2015.
- Zahira, A.Peer Fathima, Ranganath Muthu,”Wind Energy Conversion Using Shunt Active Power Filter” published in National Conference on Recent Advances in Science, Engineering and Management, NCRASEM-2015, conducted by Tagore Engineering College on 20th March 2015
- Zahira , V.Chitra, J.Banupriya, R.Janani, R.Nafeela,”Implementation Of Hybrid Active Power Filters With Renewable Energy For Power Quality” published in National Conference on Recent Advances in Science, Engineering and Management, NCRASEM-2015, conducted by Tagore Engineering College on 20th March 2015.
- Zahira ,Research paper titled “Different Types Of Control Strategies For Shunt Active Filter” has been selected & published in National Conference On Recent Trends in Electrical Science and Technology(NCRTEST’13) Conducted by IET-SSIET student chapter held on 15th Feb 2013 at Sree Sastha Institute of Engineering and Technology ,Pg.No.53
- Zahira Research paper titled “A System to Detect Transformer Defects using GSM” has been selected & published in National Conference On Technological Advancements In Power Systems & Power Electronics Engineering (TAPSPEE‘13) held on 23th April 2013 at Easwari Engineering College.
- Zahira, A.Peer Fathima, “Harmonic Suppression Using Active Filter Based On Hysteresis Controller” has been selected & published in National Conference On Recent Trends in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (JCECON’11) held on 8th & 9th March 2011 at Jerusalem College of Engineering College ,Pg No: 32-36.
- Zahira, Dr. A. Peer Fathima, ”Control Scheme of Shunt Active Filter For Power Quality Improvement” has been selected & published in AICTE sponsored 1st National Conference On Technological Advancements In Power Systems & Power Electronics Engineering (TAPSPEE‘11) held on 20th & 21st April 2011 at Easwari Engineering College ,Pg No: 194, ISBN NO:978-81-920490-8-3.
- Zahira” Mitigation of Harmonics Using Active Filter Based on P-Q Theory“published in national conference on Future challenges and budding intelligent techniques in electrical and electronics engineering ,at sathyabama university,Chennai on july 29th and 30th 2010.
- Zahira , M.Y. Ahamed Razeeka ,”Active Filters For Power Quality Improvement by Harmonic Suppression” ” has been selected & published in National Conference On Recent Trends in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (JCECON’06) at Jerusalem College of Engineering College.
- Zahira R., Peer Fathima A., Lakshmi D., Amirtharaj S. (2021) Modeling and Simulation Analysis of Shunt Active Filter for Harmonic Mitigation in Islanded Microgrid. In: Zhou N., Hemamalini S. (eds) Advances in Smart Grid Technology. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 688. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-7241-8_15.
- Dr. R. Zahira , Dr. D. Lakshmi , “Control Techniques for Improving Quality of Power – A Review”, Published by Bonfring , Holistic Research Perspectives [Volume 4], 2019, pg: 107-123, DOI: 10.9756/BP2019.1002/10, ISBN 978-93-87862-82-1.
- R. Zahira , Dr. D. Lakshmi , “Load Frequency Control in Deregulated Power System”, Published by Bonfring, Holistic Research Perspectives [Volume 4], 2019,Pg: 124-133, DOI: 10.9756/BP2019.1002/10, ISBN 978-93-87862-82-1.
- K.Srinivasan Dr.K.Vasudevan Dr.R.Zahira Dr.S.Sankar”Active Power Filters to Improve Power Quality Using PI and Fuzzy controllers” Application No.201941032289 A, The Patent Office Journal No. 36/2019 Dated 06/09/2019, Page: 40656.
- S.Sankar, Dr. C. Saravanan, Dr.K.Srinivasan and Dr.R.Zahira,” Modified Stator Winding Arrangement in Three Phase Induction Motor”, Application No.201941036842 A, The Patent Office Journal No. 41/2019 Dated 11/10/2019, Page: 47398.
Currently guiding 2 Ph.D – Research Scholar
- Organized Five Day Online Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Trends in Electrical Engineering” during 01-05 June 2020
- Organized Three Day Short Term Training Programme on “Electric Vehicle and its Scenario in India” from July 1st to 3rd 2020
- Coordinated one day Training Programme on “Operation and Maintenance of Roof Top Solar PV Practices” (10 th February 2020)
- Organized Awareness programme on Energy, Oil & Gas Conservation– Saksham 2020- in collaboration with Energy & Fuel Users Association of India, 31st January 2020
- Coordinated a Guest lecture on Creative Teaching & Learning Pedagogies in UNSW Engineering in collaboration with School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, UNSW SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA on 28/01/2020
- One Day National Level Seminar on Research Potential in Solar Energy and Storage Technologies in collaboration on 10th March 2020
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Life membership in IEI,ISSE, ISTE, IAENG
- Senior Member of HKCBEES
- Member SCIEI and ISRD
Acted as Technical committee member
- Technical Review Committee member of 4th International Congress 2020, 28 – 29, December 2020 conducted in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Organizing Committee Member of ESN International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research 6th to 9th February, 2020 conducted in Sri Lanka
- Technical Committee Member of 3rd International Conference on Multidisciplinary Perspectives In Engineering & Technology (ICMPET-2020), 27th – 28th March 2020 Chennai
Awards and recognition
- Dr. R. Zahira received an exclusive honor from WORLD BOOK OF RECORDS, London (UK) on 18th September 2020 for participating in a mass event being organized by ESN publication as one of the longest international conference following the duration of 150 hours continuously from 03-09 September 2020
- Women Researcher Award- IOSRD Researcher Awards December 2018.
- Innovative Technological Researcher & Dedicated Academician Award (October 2018)
- Outstanding scientist award- IOSRD Researcher Awards January 2019.
- Received Young Educator & Scholar Award in 10th National Teachers’ Day Awards 2019 from NFED Association (Coimbatore)
- Awarded as best academician at HANGOUT ’19 organised by BSA crescent alumni association
Reviewed research papers in
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution,
- IETE Technical Review
- Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
Resource person and Invited Lectures Delivered
- Dr. R. Zahira delivered a session on the topic “Power Quality Issues in Micro Grid” as guest speaker in the Three Day National Level Faculty Development Programme on “Overview of Issues and Challenges in Power Sector” organized by AMET Deemed to be University, Chennai on 12.07.2020
- Invited as keynote speaker on 6th September for ESN International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research and Innovation ICMRI 2020 held during 03rd September to 09th September 2020 at Hotel Turyaa, Chennai
- Invited as a Session Chair on 3rd, 6th and 7th for our World record ESN International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research and Innovation ICMRI 2020 held during 03rd September to 09th September 2020
- Delivered a guest Lecture on “Stability Analysis on Power System” at Tagore Engineering College, Chennai on 14.08.2019.
- Delivered guest lecture on Circuit Breakers at Prince Shri Venkateshwara Padmavathy Engineering College, Ponmar, Chennai on 14.09.2019.
- Invited as Key note speaker and session chair for AICTE sponsored Two days National Conference on “Recent Advances in On–Board Ship Automation” at AMET( Deemed to be University), Chennai on 27.09.2019.