Dr. Mahadev Ota
||Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr.)
|Nature of Employment
||M.A (Mathematics).,Ph.D (Mathematics)
||044-22751347, 48. 50 (Extn 265)(Office)
||Year of Passing
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
Student Member of Institute of Actuaries of India.
Passed the following papers:-
- CT-1, Financial Mathematics
- CT-2, Finance and Financial Reporting
- CT-3, Probability an mathematical Statistics
- CT-4, Model
- CT-5, General Insurance, Life and Health Contingencies
- CT-6, Statistical Methods
- CT-7, Economics
- CT-8,Financial Economics
- CT-9,Business Awareness Module
- Secured 1st Rank in M.Sc Actuarial Science in 2009 batch
||Name of the Institution
||Year of Experiance
||Islamic University of Science and Technology
||School of Vocational Education & Training (IGNOU), New Delhi
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai
||Joined on 05 Jan 2012
Area of Interest
- Financial Mathematics
- Stochastic Modeling and Survival Models
- Life Contingencies
- Financial Economics
Publications in Refereed Journals
- Ota, M., Srinivasan, S. and Nandakumar, C.D. ‘Optimal order quantity by maximising expected utility for the newsboy model’, J. Procurement Management, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.410–424, 2019
- Ota, M., Srinivasan, S. and Nandakumar, C.D. ‘Economic ordering model for multiple items with stochastic demand and budget constraint’’, J. of Services and Operations Management, (DOI:10.1504/IJSOM.2020.10019241)
- Ota, M., Srinivasan, S. and Nandakumar, C.D, Exponential Fractional age assumption for the survival function and mortality rate, International Journal of Management, IT & Engineering, Vol.19, Issue 1, 33-41, 2019.
- Ota, M., Srinivasan, S., Nandakumar, C.D. and Waheed, K. ‘Manufacturer optimal stock requirement and production rate to maximise the expected profit during peak time’, J. Procurement Management, Vol.13, Issue 2, pp.257-277, 2020.
- V Mohan, Ota, M, A Kumar ‘An inventory model for decaying items with Pareto distribution, time-dependent demand and shortages’, J. Mathematics in Operational Research, (accepted)
- Mahadev Ota,Participated as a delegate in the National conference on “Balancing work and life” organized by Crescent Business School, B S Abdur Rahman Institute on 4th February 2012.
- Mahadev Ota, Attended the National Actuarial Summit –ACTSUM 12 conducted by PG Department of Actuarial Science, Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli, on 5th and 6th March 2012.
Extra Curricular Activity
- Participated in the Interactive Mathematical Training Camp supported by the National Board of Higher mathematics during 15th October 2001 to 10th November 2001.
- Participated in the science academies refresher course on “Partial differential equations and their application” at IISER Bhopal during July 03-15, 2017.
- Participated in the AICTE sponsored short term course on “Mathematical Finance: Theory and Practice” organized by Department of Mathematics, IIT Madras during 16-21 January 2017.
- Participated in the conference “Statistical Methods in Finance 2016” organized by Chennai Mathematical Institute from 19.12.2016 to 22.12.2016.
- Organized and delivered a series of lectures as a resource person in the Summer Training Programme on “Financial Mathematics with Hands on R Programming” during 6th to 11th June 2016, at Dept of Mathematics & Actuarial Science, B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
- Organized a National workshop on “Demographic changes and its challenges: an actuarial perspective” During 12th and 13th February 2016 at Dept of Mathematics & Actuarial Science, B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
- Organized a National workshop on “Current Challenges & Future Prospects for Actuaries” During 23rd & 24th January, 2020 at Dept of Mathematics & Actuarial Science, B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
- Contributed as Resource Person in AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online Elementary FDP on “Actuarial Science Applications” from 2021-06-14 to 2021-06- 18 at Amal Jyothi College of Engineering.