Dr. Aijaz Ahmad Dar
|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
||Aligarh Muslim University
||Aligarh Muslim University
||Mathematics, Physics, Statistics
||University of Kashmir
- Weighted Probability distributions
Areas of Interest
- Probability and Inference
- Bayesian Statistics
- Reliability / Survival Analysis
- Order Statistics
Papers presented in International/National Conference
- A.A. Dar, A. Ahmed, and J.A. Reshi, “Transmuted weighted exponential distribution”, International conference on Statists and related areas for equity, sustainability and development (SRAESD-2015) in conjunction with XXXV annual convention of Indian society for probability and statistics (ISPS), held at Dept. Of Statistics, University of Lucknow, U.P., India, during 28-30 Nov. 2015.
- A.A. Dar, A. Ahmed, and J.A. Reshi, “Characterization and estimation of weighted gamma-pareto distribution”, ISSAC-2016 VIII International symposium on statistics and optimization in conjunction with XXXVI annual convention of Indian society for probability and statistics (ISPS) and Seminar on statistical inference, sampling and optimization techniques and related areas (Under SAP-DRS-II), held at Dept. Of Statistics and Operations Research, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P., India during 17-19 Dec. 2016.
- A.A. Dar, A. Ahmed, and J.A. Reshi, “Characterization and estimation of weighted Maxwell distribution”, 11th JK Science congress 2015 on Scientific, social and economic dimensions of climate change, held at university of Kashmir, Hazratbal Srinagar, J&K, India during 12-14 Oct. 2015.
- A.A. Dar, A. Ahmed, and J.A. Reshi, “An extension of power function distribution”, International conference on Mathematics organised by international multidisciplinary research foundation (IMRF) held at Providence college for women Coonoor, Tamil Nadu, India, during 4-5 Aug. 2017.
- A.A. Dar, A. Ahmed, and J.A. Reshi, “Bayesian analysis of Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution using different loss functions”, V national conference on statistical inference, sampling techniques and related areas(Under DRS-SAP-I Program), held at Dept. of Statistics and Operations Research, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P., India during 24-25 Mar. 2015.
Workshop / Seminar attended
- One week workshop on “Big data and soft computing: Techniques and applications” sponsored by TEQIP-II, organized by department of Computer Engineering, ZakirHussain College of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P., India, from 05th to 09th October, 2016.
- International workshop on “Convex analysis and optimization (IWCAO-2017)” organized by and held at department of Mathematics, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P., India, from 14th to 19th November, 2017.
- Third conference and workshop on “Statistical Methods in Finance, 2017”, jointly organized by Indian Statistical Institute and Chennai Mathematical Institute at Chennai Mathematical Institute, from 16th to 19th December, 2017.
- National workshop on “Research Methodology” organized by Coaching and Guidance cell, Sir Syed Hall (south), Aligarh Muslim University, in collaboration with UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P. India, from 21st to 27th February, 2018.
- One week workshop on “Statistics and optimization techniques using software packages” organized by department of Statistics and Operations Research, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P., India from 26th to 31st March, 2018.
Invited Talk Delivered
- “Learning new techniques of model construction and their implementation in statistical modelling”, 19th Annual national conference, Society of Statistics, Computer and applications (SSCA-2017) on Statistics and informatics in agricultural and allied sciences organised by Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAST), Jammu, J&K, India during 06-08 Mar. 2017.
- Life time member of Indian Society for Probability & Statistics (ISPS)