||Assistant Professor (Sr. Gr)
|Nature of Employment
||+91 44 2275 1234, (Office)
||Year of Passing
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai
||CEG, Anna University, Chennai
||Electrical and Electronics Engineering
||Madras University , Chennai
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
||May 2012 to till date
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology
||July 2009 – April 2012
||2 Years 9 Months
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College
||July 2008 – June 2009
||Tagore Engineering College, Chennai.
||June 2007 – July 2008
||Espritsoft Technologies, Bangalore (Now Micro pyramid Technology Pvt. Ltd.)
||May 2006 – June 2007
||Rajareswari Engineering College, Chennai
||May 2003 – June 2004
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Grid Computing
- Web collaboration and Technology and Advanced Web Technology
- Web Services
- Information Security in Cloud and Web
- Data Structures and Advanced Data Structures
- Object Oriented Programming
- Information Coding Techniques
- Object Oriented Software Engineering & Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Programming Paradigms & Java Programming
- Microprocessors and Micro controllers
- Soft computing
- Revamped and framed syllabus for cutting edge technologies like Web services, Web Collaboration & Technology, Programming in Hadoop, Java Programming, Semantic Web, Cloud Computing, Ontology and Natural Language Processing, Internet of Things, IT Infrastructure Management and Security in Big Data .
Areas Of Research Interest
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science, Artificial Intelligence & Internet of Things
- Security in Web, Cloud and Networks.
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan, N.Rajendran, Semantic Retrieval of Web documents using topic modelling based weighted nearest neighborhood technique, accepted to publish in International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering during June 2019.(Scopus Indexed – n.a. / 2278-3075)
- Rajendran, Mohammed Javed, R.Priyadarshini, “Enhanced Virus Total API based techniques for malware detection in Android mobiles.”, parser in hadoop environment”, International, Vol.117, No.16, 2017, pp.341-349. (Scopus Indexed SJR -0.25)
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan, N.Rajendran, “Secured and semantic similar source documents retrieval using query parser in hadoop environment”, International journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol.116, No.21, 2017, pp.161-170. (Scopus Indexed SJR -0.25)
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan, “Semantic clustering approach for documents in distributed system framework with multi-node setup” in September 2018, Inderscience journal International journal of networking and virtual organizations, Vol.19, No.2-4, pp.321-340, SJR (Scopus Indexed-0.223)
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan “Semantic Retrieval of Relevant Sources for Large Scale Virtual Documents” is published in Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier, Vol. 54, pp. 371-379 in August 2015. (Scopus Indexed -SNIP – 0.705).
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan “Document based content management system in cloud” published in Information Technology Journal, in February 2014, vol. no. 13, iss.no.2, pp.217-230 (Scopus Indexed -SJR 0.1223)
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan, “Locating source content in weblogs using semantic annotation techniques”, IJARSE’2013, International journal of advanced research in science and engineering, Vol-1, issue no. 2, ISSN (Online): 2321 – 8304, October 2013.
- Priyadarshini, “Web 2.0 Based Classification of Extremist videos in online video sharing sites based on SVM and content based video retrieval”, in CIIT international journal of Automation and Autonomous system with the March 2011, DOI-AA032011004.
- Priyadarshini , “RFID-Location system based on artificial neural networks” in IJJCET’10 (International joint journal conference on engineering and technology) in December 2010.
- Priyadarshini, N.Rajendran, Extraction and abstractive summarization of context-based data using semantic and syntactic analysis pp. 1-5, IEEE Scopus indexed conference ICECEIC-2019 conducted by Sri chandrasehkara saraswathi vishwa maha vidhayalaya during 30th & 31st of January 2019., ISBN No.-9781-7281-01736.
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan, N.Rajendran, Semantic Retrieval of web documents using topic modelling based on nearest neighborhood technique, International conference of Applied Science, Management and Technology 2019 on 12th January 2019 in Kulalumpur, Malaysia, ISBN No.978-81-939-60608.
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan, Semantic Retrieval of Relevant Documents using Topic Modeling, Proceedings of Third International conference on recent trends in engineering and technology, conducted by the department of information technology, St. Joseph Institute of Technology, Chennai, 4-5 May 2018.
- Rajendran, R.Priyadarshini, Enhanced Malware Detection for Android Mobiles. pp. 1-6, St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology , 2nd International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology, 5th and 6thMay 2017
- Rajapoornima, Latha Tamilselvan, Priyadarshini “Personalized Semantic Retrieval of Information from Large Scale Blog data”, is published in International conference RTEICT 2016 held in Sri Venkateswara college of Engineering, Bengaluru.pp.1083-1087.
- Priyadarshini “Efficient tracking system for reverse auction in cloud computing”, was presented in International conference on innovative technologies in computing sciences ICITCS ‘2015 during 17th and 18th April 2015 in Vels University Chennai.
- Priyadarshini, Kanimozhi, Latha Tamilselvan “Performance analysis of static image and solution for dynamic tracking in private cloud”, published in IEEE International conference on Information Communication and Embedded systems (ICICES 2014), organized by SA Engineering College during 27th and 28th February 2014.
- Priyadarshini, Latha Tamilselvan, “Tracking and Locating source content using semantic annotation technique” in Third IEEE International conference on recent trends in information technology (ICRTIT ‘2013) conducted by MIT , Anna University, Chennai, held during July 25th – 27th 2013, pp.34-40.
- Priyadarshini, Sangeetha “Locating source content in weblogs using semantic annotation” in International conference on electrical , electronics and computer engineering, on 31st March 2013, conducted by IARC held at Pune, India, pp.32 – 44, ISBN – 978-81-927182-0-0.
- Priyadarshini, Sathiya Seelan, “Intrusion detection system for securing Python web applications”, International Conference on Electronics & Communication Engineering (ICECE 2012), held during 06 – 07, April 2012, conducted by Sri Lakshmi Ammal Engineering College, Chennai.
- Priyadarshini, Fareedha “A cross platform intrusion detection system using inter server communication technique”, in IEEE Xplore in conference held during 3-5 June 2011 conducted by MIT, Anna University, Chennai.
- Priyadarshini, Ajaaz, Aishwarya “Search engine vulnerabilities and threats – a survey and proposed solution for a secured censored search platform” in IEEE Xplore in conference held during 27-29 December 2010 conducted by Kongu Engineering College. E-ISBN: 978-81-8371-369-6.
- Ahmed Asif, S. Sharmila Banu, A.Mohamed Irfan, R.Priyadarshini, Ensemble Classification of legal text documents using semantic LDA, in National Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Science and Mathematics, conducted by BSA Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, on 4th April 2019, ISBN : 978-93-88398-88-6
- Thejashree, Raeshma Jamela, Priyadarshini “Survey of Hive Query Engine Comparison of Its Performance with No SQL”, published in NCRTIT 2017, held during 5th and 6th April 2017, organized by B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent University, Chennai, pp. 288-293.
- Priyadarshini , Kanimozhi, Latha Tamilselvan, “Extraction of Metadata and Linking the Source Content Semantically with Virtual Document”, at National level conference on networks and communication system (NCNCS ‘2014) held at SNS college of Engineering on 22ndFeb 2014 , Coimbatore, India.
FDP’s / Workshops / Seminars / Guest Lectures Organized
- Organized Value Added Course in “PHP-MySQL” at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology in January, 2019 offered by Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India
- Organized Value Added Course in “C/C++” at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology in January, 2019 offered by Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India
- Organized seminar on “Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality” on 31.01.2019, conducted by Mr. Brijesh Kumar Tippi, R&D Head, Image Infotainment Ltd.,Chennai.
- Organized one day Workshop on “Big Data Analytics using Hadoop” on 12th September, 2018
- Organized a Guest Lecture on “Studying abroad: Things to know and things you need” by Mr. Ahilan Tamilselvan, Student, Iowa State University, USA.
- Organized a seminar on “Creative Career Guidance in Multimedia Technologies and Game Design and Development” on 27.07.2018 by Mr.Yokesh, Senior Consultant, Image Creative Infotainment, Chennai.
- Organized a Workshop on “Java Programming Fundamentals” by Mr. Mohammed Waseem Ahmed, Project Leader, tech Mahindra, Hyderabad on 26.07.2018.
- Organized a seminar on “Evolution of Big data and its implications” on 4.04.2018 by Mr.E.GuruMurthy, Development Project Manager, HP, Chennai.
- Organized a seminar on “Private Cloud Set up using Open Nebula” on 19.04.2018, Ms.Veeralakshmi, Associate Prof., HOD/IT, Prince Venkateshwara Padmavathy engineering college, Chennai.
- Organized a seminar on “AWS Cloud” 20.04.2018 by Mr. Mohammed Waseem Ahmed, Project Leader, Tech Mahindra, Hyderabad.
- Organized a seminar on “Migration of E-mail services to cloud” on 20.04.2018 by Part time research scholar, BSARCIST, Team leader, Cognizant Technologies, Hyderabad.
- Organized a seminar on “IOT based on Cloud Computing” on 9.04.2018 by Mr. Shaikh Abdul Waheed, Full Time Research Scholar, B.S.Abdur- Rahman CIST, Chennai.
- Organized seminar on Agile Software Management and People Management in Corporate by Mr. Alagarraja, Zoho Corporation on 24.10.2017.
- Organized seminar on Software quality Assurance in Industry Standards by Mr. Ragavendar.S, Fedby Information Services Pvt. Ltd. On 14.10.2017.
- Organized online “Mongodb course for Java Developers” during 21st March to 16th May 2017.
- Organized online “Mongodb course for Java Developers” during 21st March to 14th May 2016.
- Organized online “Mongodb course for Java Developers” during 17th March to 5th May 2015.
- Organized course on “Secure Cloud” theme for B.Tech students on account of Innovative and Interact IT club during 28.08.2015-16-10-2015.
- Organized Cloud Demo and Interaction with Cloud Enablers by Mr.Thiruvalluvar, CEO, Cloud Enablers, Chennai on 6.03.2015.
- Organized Cloud Connect programme for B.Tech IT students on account of Innovative and Interact IT club during 6.03.2015-20-03-2015.
- Organized event for “Enhancing Leadership Skills” by Mr.G.Olivannan, CEO, Emerald Publishers, on 26.08.2014.
- Organized a 1 day “Workshop on Cloud Sim” for B.Tech CSE and IT students on 9th October 2014 by Ms.L.Shyamala, Fulltime Research Scholar, CEG, Anna University, Chennai.
- Organized workshop on “No SQL and Big Data” on 28-02-2014 by Mr.S.Kannan, Application Architect and Mr. Ramkumar Boopathy, Software Engineer, Wisensoft Technologies, Chennai.
- Organized Cloud Demo and Installation of Eucalyptus by Data Technics during April –May 2013.
- Organized two day national workshop on “Open Source Cloud Computing Platforms” during 18th & 19th September 2013.
- Organized Cloud Computing Demo on 27th February 2012 by VI microsystems, Chennai.
Guest Lectures Delivered
- Delivered Guest Lecture and Demo on “Big Data using Hadoop” as a part of their course Cloud Computing Technologies for M.Tech IT students during 6th April 2019.
- Coordinated and delivered sessions on MySQL & MongoDB for CSE, IT and ECE students during September 2018.
- Tutor for Oracle ilearning Java developer course during August-September 2018.
- Resource person for seven weeks Mongo DB training sessions conducted during 2015 & 2017.
- “Secure Cloud” Theme and “Cloud Connect” Lecture delivery during March-April 2015 & August –October 2015.
- MongoDB hands on session and guest lecture given for M.Tech IT and M.tech CSE students on 26th August 2015.
- Delivered guest lectures in “NoSQL Technologies” in the Two Day National workshop Open source cloud platforms during 18th & 19th September 2013.
- Handled computer fundamentals and ‘C’ language for students in bridge course and refresher Course 2012-2014.
FDP’s and Training Programmes Attended
- Participated in “PHP-MySQL” Value Added Course at B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology in January, 2019 offered by Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India
- Completed one week FDP programme in DB2 conducted by IBM and Department of CSE during 2nd July to 6th July 2018.
- Attended international symposium and series of guest lectures and seminars in Artificial Intelligence – A Future Disruptive Technology, conducted by SCIMS, B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent University by eminent professor Dr. Scott E. Fahlman, Carnegie Mellon University, USA in 27th October -7th November 2017.
- Attended FDP on “Introduction to Algorithms” conducted from 08.11.2016 to 12.11.2016.in Dept. of CSE, B.S. Abdur Rahman University for duration in 1 Week in collaboration with IIT Madras.
- Attended five days Training Programme on “Enterprise Architect Modeler” by Sparx Systems organized by Department of Computer Applications during 24th November, 2014 to 28th November 2014, at BSAU.
- Attended “IBM Rational SEED Training” conducted by Department of Information Technology, BSAU during 16.07.13 to 18.07.13.
Training & Internships Attended
- Attended two days workshop on “Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Deep Learning” on 7th & 8th March, 2019 organized by Department of IT in collaboration with DTEAM, Dcrew IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd, Chennai
- Attended one day workshop on E-Learning and MOOCs in Higher Education on 9th March, 2019 organized by Faculty Training Academy (FTA), BSACIST
- Two weeks internship programme in “Testing Web Applications” in Gain valuable Solutions Ltd., during 21.06.2018 to 30.06.2018.
- Attended one day FDP on “Predictive modeling using R” organized by Faculty Training Academy in association with Department of Computer Applications, B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai on 2nd November, 2018
- Two weeks internship programme undergone in Software Development Application and Testing in Modern Web Application development during 12th June 2017 to 24th June 2017 in Gain Valuable Solutions, Chennai.
- Completed three months certification course in “Big Data and Hadoop” for trainers during September 2014 – February 2015 in JPA training and technologies, Chennai and Completed Big Data and Hadoop certification course and earned badges offered by IBM Big Data University during March 2017.
MOOC -Swayam & NPTEL Courses Attended
- Completed 8 weeks course in Big Data Computing and Machine Learning with elite certificate offered by IIT Kharagpur with MHRD and AICTE during Feb-April 2019.
- Completed Online Certification course on Natural Language Processing without coding using Rapid Miner from Udemy on 13th December 2018.
- Completed eight week course on Introduction to NPTEL course in Internet of Things conducted by IIT Kharagpur in collaboration with MHRD during July 2018-November 2018.
- Completed 8 week course on Cloud Computing NPTEL online course conducted by IIT Kharagpur in collaboration with MHRD during Feb 2018-April 2018.
- Attended 8 weeks MOOC IMAD course and obtained Elite certification in Introduction to Modern application development (IMAD) offered by IIT Madras and Hasura during March 2017.
- Completed Online Certification course on “Big Data 101” offered by Big Data University and earned badge on “Big Data Foundations” from IBM Analytics Services on May, 2017.
- Attended and completed seven weeks online certification course in MongoDB for Java developers offered by MongoDB University during 21st March 2017 to 14th May 2015.
- NBA coordinator for UG and PG (2016-2019) in Department Level.
- Coordinator for Innovative Interact Club in department & Int’elligence Coders Club.
- MOOC Coordinator in Department level.
- R&D Coordinator in Department level.
- Department Coordinator for Rotaract Club of BSAU (2011-2015).
- Reviewer of papers in Scopus Indexed International conferences like Cecnet 2017,18,19 and SCML 2019 held in Beijing, Japan, Thailand and India.
- Reviewer and editorial member in reputed and peer reviewed journals and publishers like Inderscience, John Wiley and Sons, IJSER, IJTCNS etc.
- Member in NAAC Coordinating Team in Institute level.
- Member in AICTE Coordinating Team in Institute level.
- Member in UGC Quality Mandate Committee in Institute Level.
Highlights of Extension Activities
- Completed testing projects undertaken in design and black box testing in ERP and Retail domain for web based applications in December 2018.
- Obtained Internship training for 7 students of IT for developing various real time applications based on PHP (LAMP), C# and .Net Framework and Testing of web applications during 2017-2018.
- Completed proof reading project for digital materials towards 3d InfoTech ltd, for Rs.50, 000 during 2014.
- Guided more than 28 students in UG projects and 8 students in their PG projects.
- Guided Open house display projects in IOT and AI held in BSAU during 2013 & 2014.
- Soft Skills tutor from 2014 & 2016-2018.
- One of the active member in “Setting up Private Cloud Lab” during 2012 – 2015.
- Technical member for training staffs from UTIM, Malaysia in staff attachment programme during 2013 & 2014.
- Life term membership in Computer society of India (CSI).
- Member in International Association for Engineers (IAENG).