Dr. Latha Tamilselvan
||Professor & Director (Data Centre)
|Nature of Employment
||044- 2275 1347, 234 (Office)
||Year of Passing
||Information and communication systems
||Anna University, Chennai
||Bharathidasan University, Trichy
||Electronics and Communication engineering
||Bharathidasan University, Trichy
||No. of Years
||B.S. Abdur Rahman crescent Institute of Science and Technology
||30-03-2009 to till date
||11 years 2 months
|Professor & Head
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science and Technology
||11-04-11 to 10-04-2017
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engg. College
||01-08-2005 to 29-03-2009
||3 years 8 months
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engg. College
||02-01-2003 to 31-07-2005
||2 years 7 months
||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engg. College
||11-06-1999 to 01-01-2003
||3 years 6 months
||Periyar Maniammai College of Technology for Women
||Aug 1991 to Jun 1994
- Cloud Computing Techniques
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Information Security
- Wireless Networks
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller
- Computer Networks
- Applied Cryptography
- Computer Forensics and Information Security
- Cyber Security
- Guiding Two Research Scholars
- Six Research Scholars have awarded Ph.D
- One Research scholar is waiting for the examiner’s report
- Uma Nandhini D, Udhayakumar Shanmugam, LathaTamilselvan, and Silviya Nancy J,”Client Aware Scalable Cloudlet to Augment Edge Computing with Mobile Cloud Migration Service”, International Journal: Interactive Mobile Technologies, iJIM, Vol. 14, No. 12, 2020, eISSN: pp.165-179. July 2020. (SJR: 0.313).https://www.online-journals.org/index.php/i-jim/article/view/14407
- Priyadarshini R, Latha Tamilsevan, N. Rajendran, “Semantic Tracking and Recommendation using Fourfold Similarity Measure from Large Scale Data using Hadoop Distributed Framework in Cloud”, International Journal of Intelligent Unmanned Systems, Emerald Publishers, Vol.7, no.4, pp.189-208, Oct 2019.
- Uma Nandhini and Latha Tamilselvan, “Computational Analytics of Client Awareness for Mobile Application Offloading with Cloud Migration”, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information System, Vol. 8, No. 11, pp.3916-3936, November 2014. (SCI Journal with Impact Factor: 0.345, Thomson Reuters, Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.207)
- Subramanian E K, Latha Tamilselvan ,“Elliptic Curve Diffie–Hellman cryptosystem in big data cloud security” published online first in The Journal of Networks, Software Tools and Applications(Cluster Computing), Springer, February 2020,ISSN:1386-7857, (Scopus indexed, SJR 0.34(Q2), impact factor 1.902)
- Priyadarshini, R. and Tamilselvan, L. “Semantic linkage of source content dynamically with virtual documents using Wikipedia in Hadoop”, International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (Inderscience Publishers), Vol. 16, Nos. 3/4, pp.338–354, 2020. (Scopus Indexed, SJR – 0.15)
- Kavitha Subramaniam and Latha Tamilselvan, “Buffer Node Selection and Buffer Management Protocol for Multicast Streaming in MANET”, Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, Vol: 11, Special Issue: 04, pp. 78-89, May 2019. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.11)
- Priyadarshini R, Latha Tamilselvan, Rajendran. N, “Semantic Retrieval of Web documents using topic modelling based weighted nearest neighborhood technique”, published in International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, Vol.8 No.9, July 2019, pp.3178-3183
- Subramanian E K, Latha Tamilselvan ,“A focus on future cloud: machine learning-based cloud security” published in Service Oriented Computing and Applications, Springer , ISSN 1863-2386, Vol. 13 ,Issue 3, pg 237-249, September 2019. (Scopus indexed, SJR 0.262(Q3))
- Shanmugam Udhayakumar and Tamilselvan Latha, “Trustworthy Cloud Federation Through Cooperative Game Using QoS Assessment”, PReMI 2019, Lecture Notes in Computer Sciences, Springer Series, Vol. 11941, pp. 30–37, Dec 2019.
- Kavitha Subramaniam and Latha Tamilselvan, “Resource allocation and rate adaptation for multicast of real-time traffic in MANET”, International Journal of Mobile Network Design and Innovation (Inderscience), Vol: 08, Issue: 1, pp. 17-26, Feb 2018. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.12)
- Priyadarshini R, Latha Tamilselvan, “Semantic clustering approach for documents in distributed system framework with multi-node setup”, International journal of networking and virtual organizations, Inderscience Publishers, Vol.19, No.2-4, 2018, pp.321-340
- Uma Nandhini D, Latha Tamilselvan, UdhayaKumar S, Silviya Nancy J, “Client Aware Opportunistic Framework of Rich Mobile Applications in Mobile Cloud Environment”, International Journal of u- and e- Service, Science and Technology, Vol. 10, No. 1 pp.281-288, Jan 2017. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.11)
- Shakkeera.L and Latha Tamilselvan published a paper titled on “Towards Maximum Resource Utilization and Optimal Task Execution for Gaming IoT Workflow in Mobile Cloud” in International Journal of Intelligent Engineering & Systems, Vol. 10, No. 1, February 2017. (DOI: 10.22266/ijies2017.0228.15) (Scopus Indexed)
- Uma Nandhini D, Latha Tamilselvan, Silviya Nancy J, UdhayaKumar S, “A Secure Client Aware Certification for Mobile Cloud Offloading Decision”, International Journal of Intelligent Engineering and Systems, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 106 -115, April 2017. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.102)
- Shakkeera L and Latha Tamilselvan published a paper titled on “Satisfying SLA Objectives of Seamless Execution of Mobile Applications in Cloud with Net Profit” in Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol. 95, No.11, pp: 2577-2588, 15th June 2017. (Scopus Indexed)
- Udhayakumar Shanmugam and Latha Tamilselvan, “Trusted Computing Model with Attestation to Assure Security for Software Services in a Cloud Environment” International Journal of Intelligent Engineering and Systems, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 144-153, 2017. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.102)
- Priyadarshini R, Latha Tamilselvan, N. Rajendran, “Secured and semantic similar source documents retrieval using query parser in hadoop environment”, International journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol.116, No.21, 2017, pp.161-170
- Kavitha Subramaniam and Latha Tamilselvan, “Efficient Buffer Management Protocol for Multicast Streaming in MANET”, Procedia Computer Science (Elsevier), Vol: 92, pp. 222-232, July 2016. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.28)
- Udhayakumar Shanmugam and Latha Tamilselvan, “Dynamic Resource Monitoring of SaaS with Attestation for a Trusted Cloud Environment” International Journal of Security and Its Applications, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp.41-50, 2016. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.254).
- Veeralakshmi Ponnuramu and Latha Tamilselvan “Secured Storage for Dynamic Data in Cloud”. Informatica (Slovenia) 40(1) (2016)
- Shakkeera. L and Latha Tamilselvan published a paper titled on “QoS and load balancing aware task scheduling framework for mobile cloud computing environment” in International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing (Inderscience Publishers-Annexure I-Scopus indexed), 2016, Vol.10, No.4, pp: 309-316. (DOI: 10.1504/IJWMC.2016.078201) (ACM & DBLP Indexed).
- Silviya Nancy, Uma Nandhini D, Latha Tamilselvan “Machine Learning for Data Driven Decision and Prediction for M-Learning in Cloud Environment”, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol.9, Issue No. 11, pp. 624-630, May 2015.
- Shakkeera.L and Latha Tamilselvan published a paper titled on “Efficient Scheduling Strategy for Dynamic Resource Allocation on IaaS Private Cloud” in Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences (Annexure II-Scopus indexed), 9(27), August 2015, pages: 168-180. ISSN: 1991-8178. (Scopus Indexed)
- Ponnuramu V., Tamilselvan L. Encryption for Massive Data Storage in Cloud. In: Jain L., Behera H., Mandal J., Mohapatra D. (eds) Computational Intelligence in Data Mining – Volume 2. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, (2015) vol 32. Springer, New Delhi
- Udhayakumar S and Latha Tamilselvan, “A Cooperative Trust Model with Adaptive Migration for Secure Cloud Services”, AISS (Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences), December, 2014, Republic of Korea, Volume 6, Issue 6, Pages 37-47, ISSN 1976-3700 (Print), ISSN 2233-9345 (Online), (Scopus Source ID 19700200842, SJR : 0.12).
- Uma Nandhini and Latha Tamilselvan, “Mobile Recommendation Engine for Offloading Computations to Cloud using Hadoop Cluster”, World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 29, pp. 41-47, 2014. (Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.22)
- R.Priyadarshini and Latha Tamilselvan, “Document based content management system in cloud”, Information Technology Journal, Vol.no.13, No.2, pp: 217-230, 2014.
- Shakkeera L and Latha Tamilselvan published a paper titled on “Task Scheduling System for Multiple Workflows in Virtual Cloud Environmentusing Load Balancing Techniques” in European Journal of Scientific Research, ISSN 1450-216X Vol. 94 No 1 January, 2013, pp.120-131.
- Veeralakshmi Ponnuramu and Latha Tamilselvan, 2012. Data integrity proof and secure computation in cloud computing. J. Comput. Sci., 8: 1987-1995.
- L Tamilselvan, V Sankaranarayanan, “Prevention of impersonation attack in wireless mobile ad hoc networks”, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS), 2007, Vol. 7 (3), pp. 118 – 123. http://paper.ijcsns.org/07_book/200703/20070318.pdf.
- L Tamilselvan, V Sankaranarayanan, “Prevention of cooperativeblack hole attack in MANET”, Journal of Networks, 2008, Vol. 3 (5), pp. 13 – 20. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download;jsessionid=B8EF8415580A61FE8B1F97BFB4500F0B?doi=10.1.1.329.1393&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Kavitha Subramaniam and Latha Tamilselvan, “Predictive Energy Efficient and Reliable Multicast Routing In MANET”, Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Vol: 09, Issue: 09, pp. 706-714, March 2015.(Scopus Indexed, SJR: 0.12)
- Silviya Nancy, Uma Nandhini D, Latha Tamilselvan “Credential and Identity Access Management for Client Awareness in Mobile Cloud Computing Framework”, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol.9, Issue No. 11, pp. 624-630, May 2015.
- Priyadarshini R and Tamilselvan, L.‘Document clustering based on keyword frequency and concept matching technique in Hadoop’, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2014, Vol. 5, Nos. 5, pp.1367-1372
- L.Shakkeera, Latha Tamilselvan and Mohamed Imran published a paper titled on “Improving Resource Utilization using QoS based Load Balancing Algorithm for Multiple Workflows in IaaS Cloud Computing Environment” in ICTACT Journal on Communication Technology, June 2013, Volume 04, Issue 01. (ISSN 2229-6948).
- Udhayakumar Shanmugam, Latha TamilSelvan, Uma Nandhini and Dhinakaran “Attestation for Trusted Computing to Assure Security in Cloud Deployment Services”, International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering, 2012, Singapore, Volume :2 Issue :4, Page no. 644-648, ISSN: 2010-3719, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7763/ijiee.2012.v2.179.
- L Tamilselvan, V Sankaranarayanan, “Routing Security in Mobile Adhoc Networks”, Asian Journal of Information Technology, 2006, vol 5, no.10, pp.1070 – 1075.
- Kavitha Subramaniam and Latha Tamilselvan, “Efficient Buffer Management Protocol for Multicast Streaming in MANET”, International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Communication and Convergence (ICCC 2016) held at IIMT, Bhubaneswar, Odisha in the month of Jan 24th and 25th 2016.
- Rajapoornima M, LathaTamilselvan, Priyadarshini R, Personalized Semantic Retrieval of Informationfrom Large Scale Blog data, IEEE International Conference On Recent Trends In Electronics Information Communication Technology, May 20-21, 2016, India, Page.No.1083-1089. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7807992/
- Shaik Rasheedha Begam, LathaTamilselvan, Fingerprint Based Authentication System Using Merkle Hash Algorithm in Cloud Computing, International Conference on Science, Technology Engineering and Management-2K15, at Jeppiar Engineering College, Chennai, 26th-27th March 2015
- R. Priyadarshini, LathaTamilselvan, T. Khuthbudin, S. Saravanan and S. Satish, Semantic Retrieval of Relevant Sources for Large Scale Virtual Documents , Eleventh International Multi-Conference on Information Processing (IMCIP-2015), Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier. Vol. 54, pp. 371-379, August 2015.
- Shakkeera L and Latha Tamilselvan published a Springer book chapter titled on “Energy-Aware Application Scheduling and Consolidation in Mobile Cloud Computing with Load Balancing” in Emerging Research in Computing, Information, Communication and Applications (ERCICA 2015), Volume 2, Springer India Publications on 22nd August, 2015. pp: 253-264. ISBN: 978-81-322-2553-9. DOI: 10.1007/978-81-322-2553-9_25.
- L.Shakkeera and LathaTamilselvan, “Energy-Aware Application Scheduling and Consolidation in Mobile Cloud Computing with Load Balancing”, Third International Conference on Emerging Research in Computing, Information, Communication and Applications (ERCICA 2015),Volume 2,Page No’s 253-264, on 31st July, 2015 and 1st August 2015.
- Subramanian E K, Mohideen Fathima, “Ensuring Privacy by Ranking Based Approach for Big Data”, published in International conference on electrical communication and computing, ICECC-2014,pg 1749-1754 held at Tagore engineering college, chennai, March 2014.
- Silambarasi S., LathaTamilsevan, “Clustering Based Data Fusion Model using Barrier Region Construction in Wireless Sensor Networks”, in Proc. of 2nd International Conference on Science, Engineering and Management, TamilNadu, India, March 28-29, 2014, PP:23-29.
- Anbazhagi, Latha Tamilselvan and Shakkeera L presented and Published a paper titled on “QoS Based Dynamic Task Scheduling in IaaS Cloud” in Fourth IEEE International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT-2014) organized by Department of Information Technology, Madras Institute of Technology (MIT), Anna University, Chennai during April 10-12, 2014. (ISBN: 978-1-4799-4989-2).
- Latha Tamilselvan and P.Veeralakshmi, “Encryption for Massive Data Storage in Cloud”, ICCIDM 2014 Conference during December 21st and 22nd at Odisa, India.
- Veeralakshmi Ponnuramu and Latha Tamilselvan, “Encrypted Data Storage in cloud computing.” ICHCI’13. IEEE International Conference of Human Computer Interaction, August 2013
- Evangilin Arputham. E, and Latha Tamilselvan, “Unified Framework for Location Based Sevices using HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) Protocol”, International Conference on Computing Techniques & Systems at Muthayammal Engineering College, April ‘2012
- Rohini A.R, Latha Tamilselvan, “Enhancing Storage Security in Cloud Computing”, National Conference NCREAT’12 held in Rrase Engineering College, Apr-1.
- Udhayakumar.S, Latha TamilSelvan, Umanandhini.D, Dhinakaran.K and RajKumar, “Power Aware Zone Based Routing In A Pervasive Irrigation Management System”, International Conference On Computing Communication & Networking Technologies, 2012, SNS Engineering College, Coimbatore, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCNT.2012.6395953
- Umanandhini.D, Latha Tamilselvan, Udhayakumar. S and Vijayasingam.T, “Dynamic Authentication For Consumer Supplies In Mobile Cloud Environment”, Third International Conference On Computing Communication & Networking Technologies, 2012, SNS Engineering College, Coimbatore, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCNT.2012.63959 54.
- Udhaya Kumar and Dr.LathaTamilselvan, “Attestation for Trusted Computing to Assure Security in Cloud Deployment Services”, International Conference on Information and Applied Electronics, Singapore Institute of Electronics @ Bangalore, June’2012.
- Udhayakumar Shanmugam, S.Chandrasekaran, Latha Tamilselvan and Fareez Ahmed “An Adaptive Trust Model for Software Services in Hybrid Cloud Environment” Published in the Proceedings of the 15th WSEAS International Conference on Computers of the book titled “Recent Researches in Computer Science”, Corfu island, Greece, 2011. ISBN :978-1-61804-019-0 , ISSN: 1792-4251, page : 497 – 503. Listed in the ACM Digital Library, ID-2028389.
- LathaTamilselvan and Sankaranarayanan V., ‘Prevention of Wormhole Attack in MANET”, 12th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (WMSCI 2008), Orlando, USA, pp. 73 – 78. 2008
- LathaTamilselvanand Sankaranarayanan V., ‘Prevention of Black hole Attack in MANET’, 2nd Australian Conference on Wireless Broadband and Ultra Wideband Communications, Sydney,Australia, pp.1-6. 2007
- LathaTamilselvanand Sankaranarayanan V., ‘Solution to Prevent Rushing Attack in Wireless mobile Ad hoc Networks’, International Conference – ADCOM 2006 & ISAHUC’06, NIT, Surathkal, Mangalore, pp.42-47. 2006
- Latha Tamilselvanand Sankaranarayanan V., ‘Black hole Attack Resistant in Ad hoc Routing Protocols”, International Conference on Information Security, Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry, pp.231-236. 2005
- Udhaya Kumar and Latha Tamilselvan, “A Cooperative Trust Model with Adaptive Migration for Secure Cloud Services”, National Conference on Information Security, at SASTRA University, June 14, 2012
- Umanandhini.D, Latha Tamilselvan, Dynamic Authentication for consumer supplies using QR code National Conference in Advanced Computing,@M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Erode, March ’11.
- Udhayakumar Shanmugam, Latha Tamilselvan and Fareez Ahmed “Aiding Vision Through Augmented Reality Using Context Aware Pervasive Computing” Published in the proceedings of the National Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology and Communication, at Vellammal Engineering College, Chennai, ISBN: 978-81- 920490-0-9, page: 51-56, April 2011.
- LathaTamilselvan, Sankaranarayanan V. and Chandra M., “Secure Routing for Mobile Adhoc Networks”, National Conference on Mobile Computing, B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Chennai, pp.35-39. 2005
- Latha Tamilselvan and Sankaranarayanan V., “Security issues in MANET”, National Conference on Advanced Computing, P.S.G.College of technology, Coimbatore, pp.1-12. 2004
- Udhayakumar. S and Latha TamilSelvan, “Trusted Computing Model with Adaptive Attestation to Assure Security in Infrastructure Cloud” Second IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium, Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology, Government of India, Hyderabad, Dec 2012.
|Details of Research Impact
- Patent published on “Energy-Efficient Adaptive Optimization Framework for Mobile Cloud Computing”. Application Number (201941016366)
Book Chapter Published
||Title with page nos.
||Book title, editor & publisher
||Energy-Aware Application Scheduling and Consolidation in Mobile Cloud Computing with Load Balancing. pp: 253-264, on 31st July, 2015 and 1st August 2016
||Emerging Researchin Computing, Information,Communicationand Applications, ERCICA 2015, Volume 2 Editors – N.R. Shetty, N.H. Prasad, N. Nalini Publisher- Springer India Publications
||ISBN:978-81-322-2553-9 (DBLP Indexed)
||Trustworthy Cloud Federation Through Cooperative Game Using QoS Assessment
||Book Title – Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence. PReMI 2019. Publisher – Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Cham
||ISSN – 978-3-030-34869-4
||Title of Talk
||Title of Conference/ Seminar, Training Programme etc.,
||Acted as resource person on the topic “Security Issues in Cloud Computing and How to write a research paper”
||Acted as Resource person for training to Police Personnel on the topics “Computer Architectures” and “Cyber Security” during December 2019.
||AIPDM (All India Police Duty Meet) Training
||Acted as Resource person for training to Police Personnel on the topics “Computer Networks” during October-November 2019
||AIPDM (All India Police Duty Meet) Training
National Level – Indian National Academy of Engineering
The project “Enhancing Network Security using ZFile Scrambling Techniques: Cryptography & Stegnography” guided by me won the Innovation Potential of Students projects award 2004.
State Level – Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology
The project “PC based Conditional Access System” guided by me won the first prize during the presentation in September 2004.
FDP/ Workshop Attended
- Effective and Efficient Online Teaching in the Age of Corona, A Hands on Workshop conducted from 15.5.2020 to 17.5.2020 organized by IIT Bombay & PMMMNMTT
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Certification in “Introduction to Modern Application Development” from NPTEL during July to September 2017.
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Certification in “Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems” from NPTEL during July to October 2018.
- Organized and attended two days workshop on “Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning” on 7th and 8th March 2019.
- Attended Faculty Training Programme on “Academic Leadership” organized by Centre of Academic Leadership and Educational Management, Aligarh Muslim university, Aligarh and BSACIST during 1st April to 7th April 2019.
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Silver Certification in “Accreditation and Outcome based Learning” from NPTEL during July to October 2019.
- Attended 4days online Examination Reforms Training workshop organized by AICTE and KLE Technological university, Hubballi during 15th to 18th April 2020.
- Consultancy work on “Cloud and Virtualization Solution” has been taken up for “Cloud Masters Technology Solutions”, Chennai during August 2018 – March 2019.
- Ongoing Consultancy work on “Enterprise application development for trading business” has taken up for Imtrade Commodities (India) Pvt. Ltd.,Chennai
||Nature of Training
||Name of the Organization
||Fund Generated Rs.
||Fund generated through Computer Awareness Training to Police Personnel for All India Police Duty Meet (AIPDM 2019)
||Tamilnadu Police Academy (TNPA), Chennai
||Oct 2019 to Mar 2020
- Member – BOS
- Member – Academic council
- Member – Department Academic Audit committee
- Member – QS Ranking Committee
- Member – QS I-Gauge Ranking Committee
- Member – Central Research Review Committee
- Member – UGC visit committee
- Member – Planning and Monitoring Committee
- Coordinator – NAAC criteria IV
- Chairperson – Internal Complaint Committee
- Director – Data Centre