|Nature of Employment
||+91 44 22751347,48,50(Office)
||Year of Passing
||Information & Communication
||Computer Science & Engineering
||Electronics & Communication Engineering
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
||August 2016- till date
|| 2 years 9 months
|Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology
||January 2014 – July 2016
|| 2 years 6 months
|Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology
||April 2009 – December 2013
||4 years 8 months
||B.S.A. Crescent Engineering College
||December 2008 –March 2009
||Crescent Engineering College
||January 2003 – November 2008
||5 years 11 months
||Crescent Engineering College
||June 2002 – December 2002
- Cloud Computing
- Wireless Networks
- Soft Computing
- Advanced Data Structures
Areas Of Research Interest
- Cloud & Grid Computing
- Bid Data Analytics
- Network Security
- Deep Neural Networks
- Guiding 6 Research Scholars in Ph.D
- Shahbaz Afzal, Kavitha.G, “A Hybrid Multiple Parallel Queuing Model to Enhance QoS in Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing, (Accepted for Publication during Jan 2020) (Scopus Indexed – I.F:0.16)
- Shahbaz Afzal, Kavitha.G, “Impact on Qos in Cloud Computing Employing a Parallel Queuing Model with Strictly Increasing Arrival Rate – An Analytical Approach”, International Journal of Innovation In Engineering Research & Management, Vol.5, No.2, pp:1-5, March 2018 (Indexed in Google Scholar, DOAJ)
- A, Kavitha.G, “Efficient Approaches for Storing, Retreival and Replication of Data Using Cloud System”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol.117, No.20, pp:1021-1035, 2017, (Scopus Indexed – I.F : 0.25)
- G, Latchoumy.P and Afreen Banu.H., “A Secure Anti Collusion File Sharing System for Untrusted Cloud Storage”, International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology, Vol.3, No.6, pp: 418-422, 2017. (Indexed in DOAJ, citeseer, index Copernicus)
- Mohammed Imran and Kavitha G, “Spatial Data Mining for Location Based Services”, Indian Journal of Science & Technology , Vol. 9, Nos. 48, 2016, pp.1-10. (Impact factor: 0.27) ISSN: 0974- 6846.
- Kavitha G. and Jaghadhini V.M.,“Providing Secure Data Sharing Service In Cloud Computing Environment”, International Journal of Emerging Technology in Computer Science & Electronics, pp: 482-485, May (ISSN- 0976-1353)
- Kavitha, G. and Sankaranarayanan, V. “A Novel Resource Selection Framework to Improve QoS in Computational Grid”, International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering 9, Nos. 1/2, 2014, pp.130-138. (Impact factor: 1.066) (ISSN- 17427185) (Scopus Indexed)
- Kavitha, G. and Sankaranarayanan, V. “A Guaranteed Service Resource Selection Framework for Computational Grids”, International Journal of Grid and Distributed Computing, Vol.6, No.3, 2013, pp: 29-41. (ISSN-2005-4262) (Indexed by EBSCO, DOAJ, ProQuest)
- Kavitha, G. and Sankaranarayanan, V. “An Efficient Resource Selection Strategy Based on Load Forecasting in Computational Grid”, Journal of Information and Computational Science, Vol.10, No. 10, PP: 2911-2922, 2013. (Impact factor: 0.216) (ISSN- 15487741) (Scopus Indexed)
- Kavitha, G. and Sankaranarayanan, V. “Resource Selection in Computational Grid Based on User QoS and Trust”, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security Vol.11, No.3, pp. 214-221, 2011. (ISSN- 1738-7906) (Thomson Reuters’ categories: Technology – Information science)
- Kavitha, G. and Sankaranarayanan, V. “Secure Selection of Multiple Resources Based http://thescipub.com/html/10.3844/jcssp.2011.1881.1887
- Nivetha Thirumagal and G.Kavitha, “Precise Location Verification of Vehicles in Intelligent Transportation System Using Enhanced Distance Bounding Approach”, In proc. of International Conference on Advanced Scientific Innovation in Science, Engineering & Technology (ICASISET 2019) at Bharat Institute of Higher Education & Research during 19th to 23rd April 2019.
- Sonya and G.Kavitha, “Effective Approaches for Securing Sensitive Data and Supporting Multi Data Applications in cloud Forensics Environment”, In proc of 4th International Conference on Trends in Information Management , Engineering and Sciences at Hyderabad on 28th and 29th December 2018.
- Kavitha and Jenita Gabriel, “An Effective Traffic Contention and Control Mechanism for Improvement of QoS in Wireless Sensor Networks”, In proc of International Conference on Materials, Applied Physics and Engineering – ICMAE 2018 organized at Indore, Madhya Pradesh on 3rd and 4th June 2018.
- Shahbaz Afzal and G, “Optimization of Task Migration Cost in Infrastructure Cloud Computing Using IMDLB Algorithm”, In proc of IEEE International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology – ICCSDET organized by SAINTGITS College of Engineering, Kerala on 21st and 22nd December 2018.
- G, Saveen Baskar and Nomaan Imtiaz, “Discovering Public Opinions by Performing Sentimental Analysis on Real Time Twitter Data”, In proc of IEEE International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology – ICCSDET organized by SAINTGITS College of Engineering, Kerala on 21st and 22nd December 2018.
- Navin Chandar.J and Kavitha.G, “Improving query results in Ontology based Case-Based Reasoning by dynamic assignment of feature weights”, In proc of 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computing and Intelligent Engineering (Springer) organized by Siksha O Anusandhan Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar during 22nd to 24th December 2018.
- Shahbaz Afzal and G, “A Taxonomic Classification of Load Balancing Metrics- A Systematic Review ” in proceedings of 33rd Indian Engineering Congress organized by Institution of Engineers at Udaipur during 21st to 23rd December 2018.
- Jeya Barathi, G.Kavitha and Mohamed Imran, “ Building a Mobile Personalized Marketing System using Multidimensional Data”, In proc. of IEEE International Conference on Smart Technologies and Management for Computing, Communication, Controls, Energy and Materials (ICSTM), 6 – 8 May 2015. pp.141-145.
- Ambrina Farheen and G. Kavitha, “Uniform File Allocation for Distributed File System in Cloud”, In Proc. of 2nd International Conference on Science,Engineering and Management,,TamilNadu, India, March 28-29, 2014, PP:218-223.
- Mohamed Imran M and G.Kavitha, “An Efficient Utilization of Advertisement Data for Targeted Mobile Advertisement System”,In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), May 8-10, 2014, pp: 1572-1577.
- S.Amshavalli and G.Kavitha, “Increasing the Availability of Cloud Resources using Broker with Semantic Technology”, In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), May 8-10, 2014, PP:1578 -1582.
- Kavitha, G. and Sankaranarayanan, V. “Secure Resource Selection in Computational Grid based on Quantitative Execution Trust”, In Proceedings Of International Conference on Information, Communication, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Singapore, pp. 149-155, 2010.
National Conferences – Nil
List of Seminar/ Workshop/ FDP participated :
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Certification & Silver Badge in “Introduction to Soft Computing” from NPTEL during Jan to March 2019.
- Attended a one week FDP on “Soft Skill Training for Teaching Staff” during 11.4.19 to 16.4.19 organized by Faculty Training Academy, S.A Crescent Institute of Science & Technology.
- Attended six days training programme on “Academic Leadership” at B.S.A Crescent Institute of Science & Technology in association with MHRD during 01.04.2019 to 07.04.2019.
- Attended a one day National Seminar on “ e-learning and MOOCs in Higher Education” organized by Guru Angand Dev Teaching Learning Center of MHRD in association with S.A Crescent Institute of Science & Technology on 09.03.2019.
- Organized and Attended two days workshop on “Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning” on 7th and 8th March 2019.
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Certification in “Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems” from NPTEL during July to October 2018.
- Attended a one week faculty development training on “IBM CE – Enablement Program- Database Management System” during 2.7.18 to 6.7.18.
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Certification in “Introduction to Modern Application Development” from NPTEL during July to September 2017.
- Attended One week training on “A school on Algorithms and Techniques” at CSE Dept., B.S.A University during 22.7.2015 to 27.7.2015.
- Attended One week training on “Enterprise Architect Modeller” at B.S.A. University during 17.11.2014 to 21.11.2014.
- Organized the 3rd National Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (NCRTIT’14) on 10th April 2014
- Attended a workshop on “R & D Project Proposals – Awareness, Needs and benefits” Organized by Centre for Technology Development and Transfer, Anna University on 26th February 2014.
- Attended one week training on “IBM Seed Program- Rational Software Architect” at B.S.A University during 16-7-2013 to 20-7-2013.
- Attended a three day workshop on “Cloud Computing” organized by Department of Information Technology, Anna University, MIT campus during 12th -14th September 2012.
- Attended a one day seminar on “Research Issues and Challenges in Social Network Computing” organized by Centre of Excellence in Social Network Computing, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli on 4th May 2012.
- Attended two-week training Programme “Train the Trainer- Soft Skill Development” at B.S.A. University during December 2011.
- Attended Two day National Workshop on “Cloud Computing” held at SSN College of Engineering during 2nd and 3rd April 2010.
- Attended five day “Faculty Enhancement Programme” to conduct “Enhancing the Employability for SC/ ST Students” Programme sponsored by TAHDCO, Government of Tamilnadu, during 3rd May 2010 to 7th May 2010 at RMK Engineering College, Kavarapettai.
- Attended QIP on “Web Collaboration and Technology” conducted by Department of Information Technology, BSA Crescent Engineering College, Vandalur from 18-05-09 to 31-05-09.
- Submitted a research project on “Development of a Common Interface for Efficient Utilization of Online Services in Rural areas” to Technology Development Systems Programme, DST.
- Handled classes for Six Weeks “Oracle iLearning Certification Programme” in “Database Design and Database Programming with SQL” organized by department of Information Technology, B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology in collaboration with Oracle Academy Global during 19th September 2016 to 28th October, 2016.
- Received Top Performing Mentor Appreciation certificate from NPTEL for the course “Cloud Computing and distributed systems” during July – Oct 2018.
- Consultancy work on “Cloud and Virtualization Solution” has been taken up for “Cloud Masters Technology Solutions”, Chennai during August 2018 – March 2019.
- Committee Member for National Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Science and Mathematics(RTCSM) organized by School of Computer, Information and Mathematical Sciences during 4th and 5th April 2019.
- Reviewer for Scopus Indexed and Web of Science Journals and Committee Member of various International Conferences.
- ISO coordinator
- UG admission coordinator
- Class Advisor
- Dash Board Coordinator
- Board of Studies
- Department Academic Audit Committee
- Faculty advisor
- Doctoral Committee Member