|Nature of Employment
||+91 44 22751347,48,50(Office)
||Year of Passing
||Information & Communication
||Computer Science & Engineering
||Electronics & Communication Engineering
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
||August 2016- till date
||4 years 2 months
|Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology
||January 2014 – July 2016
|| 2 years 6 months
|Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology
||April 2009 – December 2013
||4 years 8 months
||B.S.A. Crescent Engineering College
||December 2008 –March 2009
||Crescent Engineering College
||January 2003 – November 2008
||5 years 11 months
||Crescent Engineering College
||June 2002 – December 2002
- Data Structures
- Cloud Computing
- Wireless Networks
- Soft Computing
Areas Of Research Interest
- Cloud & Grid Computing
- Deep Learning
- Network Security
- Guiding 6 Research Scholars in Ph.D
- Shahbaz Afzal, Kavitha, G., & Dar, A. A,“An Application of Taguchi L16 Method for optimization of Load balancing Process Parameters in Cloud Computing”,International Journal of Cloud Computing,Inderscience Publishers(Scopus Indexed, I.F 0.6) – Accepted.
- Shahbaz Afzal, Kavitha, G,“A Proactive Population Dynamics Load Balancing Algorithm in Cloud Computing for QoS Optimization”, International Journal of Grid and Utility Computing, Inderscience Publishers (Web of Science, Scopus Indexed, IF 2.3) – Accepted.
- G.Kavitha, P.Latchoumy and A.Sonya, “An Efficient Traffic Contention and Control Mechanism to Improve QoS in Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks”, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science ,Vol.20, No.2, pp: 968-975, 2020 (Scopus Indexed – I.F: 0.21).
- A.Sonya , G.Kavitha, N.Ramakrishnan and Mohamed Safith, “A Comprehensive Review on Prediction of Heart Condition using Machine Learning Algorithm”, Journal of Critical Reviews, Vol.7, No.19, pp:3496 – 3506, 2020 (Scopus Indexed).
- A.Sonya, G.Kavitha, A.Varsha and Riyaz Muhammed, “Encrypting Health Care Data in Cloud Using Cryptographic Algorithms”, Test Engineering and Management, Vol.83, pp: 26722 – 26731, 2020 (Scopus Indexed – I.F:0.1).
- ShahbazAfzal, Kavitha.G, “A Hybrid Multiple Parallel Queuing Model to Enhance QoS in Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Grid and High-Performance Computing, Vol.12, No.1, pp:18-34, 2020 (Scopus Indexed – I.F:0.16)
- A.Sonya, G.Kavitha, “Security and Privacy Preserving for Patient’s E-Health Care Applications”, Test Engineering and Management System”, Vol.82, pp: 1781-1786, 2020, (Scopus Indexed – I.F-0.1).
- ShahbazAfzal, Kavitha.G, “Load Balancing in Cloud Computing – A Hierarchical Taxonomical Classification”, Journal of Cloud Computing -Advances, Systems and Applications, Vol.8, No.22, pp: 1-24, 2019. (Scopus Indexed – I.F 0.35)
- A.Sonya, G.Kavitha, “Transmission of Secure Sensitive Health Care Information Using Hybrid Encryption in Cloud Computing” , International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol.28, No.15, pp: 344 – 354, 2019 (Scopus Indexed – I.F 0.13)
- A.Sonya, G.Kavitha, “Preserving Human Health Care Records Based on Hybrid Learning Methods in Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Control and Automation, Vol.12, No.6, pp:465 -476, 2019 (Scopus Indexed- I.F: 0.1)
- ShahbazAfzal, Kavitha.G, “Impact on Qos in Cloud Computing Employing a Parallel Queuing Model with Strictly Increasing Arrival Rate – An Analytical Approach”, International Journal of Innovation In Engineering Research & Management, Vol.5, No.2, pp:1-5, March 2018 (Indexed in Google Scholar, DOAJ)
- Sonya.A, Kavitha.G, “Efficient Approaches for Storing, Retreival and Replication of Data Using Cloud System”,International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol.117, No.20, pp:1021-1035, 2017, (Scopus Indexed – I.F : 0.25)
- Kavitha.G, Latchoumy.P and AfreenBanu.H., “A Secure Anti Collusion File Sharing System for Untrusted Cloud Storage”, International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology, Vol.3, No.6, pp: 418-422, 2017. (Indexed in DOAJ, citeseer, index Copernicus)
- Mohammed Imran and Kavitha G, “Spatial Data Mining for Location Based Services”, Indian Journal of Science & Technology , Vol. 9, Nos. 48,pp.1-10, 2016. (Impact factor: 0.27) ISSN: 0974- 6846. http://10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i48/99237
- Kavitha G. and JaghadhiniV.M.,“Providing Secure Data Sharing Service In Cloud Computing Environment”, International Journal of Emerging Technology in Computer Science & Electronics, pp: 482-485, May 2016. (ISSN- 0976-1353)
- Kavitha, G.and Sankaranarayanan, V. “A Novel Resource Selection Framework to Improve QoS in Computational Grid”, International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering Vol. 9, Nos. 1/2, 2014, pp.130-138. (Impact factor: 1.066) (ISSN- 17427185) (Scopus Indexed) http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2576127.2576140
- Kavitha, G.and Sankaranarayanan, V. “A Guaranteed Service Resource Selection Framework for Computational Grids”, International Journal of Grid and Distributed Computing, Vol.6, No.3, 2013, pp: 29-41.(Scopus Indexed-0.13) www.sersc.org/journals/IJGDC/vol6_no3/3.pdf
- Kavitha, G.and Sankaranarayanan, V. “An Efficient Resource Selection Strategy Based on Load Forecasting in Computational Grid”, Journal of Information and Computational Science, Vol.10, No. 10, PP: 2911-2922, 2013. (Scopus Indexed – 0.216) http://10.12733/jics20101918
- Kavitha, G.and Sankaranarayanan, V. “Resource Selection in Computational Grid Based on User QoS and Trust”, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security Vol.11, No.3, pp. 214-221, 2011. (ISSN-1738-7906) (Thomson Reuters’ categories: Technology – Information science ) http://paper.ijcsns.org/07_book/201103/20110331.pdf
- Kavitha, G. and Sankaranarayanan, V. “Secure Selection of Multiple Resources Based on Virtual Private Network for Computational Grid”, Journal of Computer Science Vol.7, No.12, pp. 1881-1887, 2011.(Scopus Indexed – I.F- 1.22) http://thescipub.com/html/10.3844/jcssp.2011.1881.1887
- Serena Rajakumar, G. Kavitha and I.Sathik Ali, “CNN based DDI Extraction System Drug-Drug Interaction Extraction System using Ensemble Learning”, In Proc of 2nd International Conference on Computing, Communication and Internet of Things at Sri Sairam Engineering College during 20th to 22nd February 2020.
- ShahbazAfzal and G.Kavitha, “Enhancing Migration Related Parameters in Cloud Computing by Adopting Improved Modified Distribution Load Balancing Approach” in Proc of International Conference on Mathematical Computer Engineering, at Vellore institute of Technology, Chennai during 21st and 22nd February 2020.
- NivethaThirumagal and G.Kavitha, “Precise Location Verification of Vehicles in Intelligent Transportation System Using Enhanced Distance Bounding Approach”, In proc. of International Conference on Advanced Scientific Innovation in Science, Engineering & Technology (ICASISET 2019) at Bharat Institute of Higher Education & Research during 19th to 23rd April 2019.
- A.Sonya and G.Kavitha, “Effective Approaches for Securing Sensitive Data and Supporting Multi Data Applications in cloud Forensics Environment”, In proc of 4thInternational Conference on Trends in Information Management , Engineering and Sciences at Hyderabad on 28th and 29th December 2018.
- G.Kavitha and Jenita Gabriel, “An Effective Traffic Contention and Control Mechanism for Improvement of QoS in Wireless Sensor Networks”, In proc of International Conference on Materials, Applied Physics and Engineering – ICMAE 2018 organized at Indore, Madhya Pradesh on 3rd and 4th June 2018.
- ShahbazAfzal and Kavitha.G, “Optimization of Task Migration Cost in Infrastructure Cloud Computing Using IMDLB Algorithm”, In proc of IEEE International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology – ICCSDET organized by SAINTGITS College of Engineering, Kerala on 21st and 22nd December 2018.
- Kavitha.G, SaveenBaskar and NomaanImtiaz, “Discovering Public Opinions by Performing Sentimental Analysis on Real Time Twitter Data”, In proc of IEEE International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology – ICCSDET organized by SAINTGITS College of Engineering, Kerala on 21st and 22nd December 2018.
- NavinChandar.J and Kavitha.G, “Improving query results in Ontology based Case-Based Reasoning by dynamic assignment of feature weights”, In proc of 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computing and Intelligent Engineering (Springer) organized by Siksha O Anusandhan Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar during 22nd to 24th December 2018.
- ShahbazAfzal and Kavitha.G, “A Taxonomic Classification of Load Balancing Metrics- A Systematic Review ” in proceedings of 33rd Indian Engineering Congress organized by Institution of Engineers at Udaipur during 21st to 23rd December 2018.
- JeyaBarathi, G.Kavithaand M. Mohamed Imran, “Building a Mobile Personalized Marketing System using Multidimensional Data”, In proc. of IEEE International Conference on Smart Technologies and Management for Computing, Communication, Controls, Energy and Materials (ICSTM), 6 – 8 May 2015. pp.141-145.
- R.AmbrinaFarheen and G. Kavitha, “Uniform File Allocation for Distributed File System in Cloud”, In Proc. of 2nd International Conference on Science,Engineering and Management,,TamilNadu, India, March 28-29, 2014, PP:218-223.
- Mohamed Imran M and G.Kavitha, “An Efficient Utilization of Advertisement Data for Targeted Mobile Advertisement System”,In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), May 8-10, 2014, pp: 1572-1577.
- R.S.Amshavalli and G.Kavitha, “Increasing the Availability of Cloud Resources using Broker with Semantic Technology”, In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), May 8-10, 2014, PP:1578 -1582.
- Kavitha, G.and Sankaranarayanan, V. “Secure Resource Selection in Computational Grid based on Quantitative Execution Trust”, In Proceedings of International Conference on Information, Communication, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Singapore, pp. 149-155, 2010.
- Shahbaz Afzal, Kavitha. G, and Amir Ahamed Dar, “A Cloud Computing Based Model for Wildlife Conservation and Health Care Improvement in Endangered Wild Life Animals”, in Handbook of Research on Smart Technology Models for Business and Industry, pp:316-328, 2020.
- Shahbaz Afzal, Kavitha. G, and Shabnum Gull “Parallel Queuing Model in a Dynamic Cloud Environment-Study of Impact on QoS: An Analytical Approach” in book: Data Engineering and Communication Technology, AISC series Springer, January 2020.
- J.NavinChander and G.Kavitha, “Improving Query Results in Ontology-Based Case-Based Reasoning by Dynamic Assignment of Feature Weights” in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Vol.1082, pp:153-162, Springer Nature, Singapore, 2020
- A.Sonya, Kavitha.G, Paramasivam, “Secure Transmission of Human Vital Signs Using Fog Computing” in Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communication Technologies, Vol.46, pp: 785 – 792, Springer Series, 2019.
List of Seminar / Workshop / FDP participated
- Attended ATAL Academy online FDP on “Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence” during 21.9.2020 to 25.9.2020 organized by Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on “Android App Using Kotlin” during 01.07.2020 to 17.8.2020 organized by Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Completed 12 weeks online course on “Deep Learning” from NPTEL during Jan to April 2020.
- Organized and attended Two-Days Hands-on Workshop on “Architecting Cloud Services” in association with Inception Labs, Chennai, during 12.2.2020 and 13.2.2020.
- Attended Five days training programme on “Java Programming” at Jeppiar SRR Engineering College organized by Oracle Academy during 19.8.2019 to 23.8.2019.
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Certification & Silver Badge in “Introduction to Soft Computing” from NPTEL during Jan to March 2019.
- Attended six days training programme on “Academic Leadership” at B.S.A Crescent Institute of Science & Technology in association with MHRD during 01.04.2019 to 07.04.2019.
- Attended a one day National Seminar on “e-learning and MOOCs in Higher Education” organized by Guru AngandDev Teaching Learning Center of MHRD in association with B.S.A Crescent Institute of Science & Technology on 09.03.2019.
- Organized and Attended two days workshop on “Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning” on 7th and 8th March 2019.
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Certification in “Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems” from NPTEL during July to October 2018.
- Attended a one week faculty development training on “IBM CE – Enablement Program- Database Management System” during 2.7.18 to 6.7.18.
- Completed 8 weeks online course with Elite Certification in “Introduction to Modern Application Development” from NPTEL during July to September 2017.
- Attended One week training on “A school on Algorithms and Techniques” at CSE Dept., BSAIST during 22.7.2015 to 27.7.2015.
- Attended One week training on “Enterprise Architect Modeller” at BSAIST during 17.11.2014 to 21.11.2014.
- Organized the 3rd National Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (NCRTIT’14) on 10th April 2014
- Attended a workshop on “R & D Project Proposals – Awareness, Needs and benefits” Organized by Centre for Technology Development and Transfer, Anna University on 26th February 2014.
- Attended one week training on “IBM Seed Program- Rational Software Architect” at BSAIST during 16-7-2013 to 20-7-2013.
- Attended a three day workshop on “Cloud Computing” organized by Department of Information Technology, Anna University, MIT campus during 12th -14th September 2012.
- Attended a one day seminar on “Research Issues and Challenges in Social Network Computing” organized by Centre of Excellence in Social Network Computing, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli on 4th May 2012.
- Attended two-week training Programme “Train the Trainer- Soft Skill Development” at BSAIST during December 2011.
- Attended Two day National Workshop on “Cloud Computing” held at SSN College of Engineering during 2nd and 3rd April 2010.
- Attended five day “Faculty Enhancement Programme” to conduct “Enhancing the Employability for SC/ ST Students” Programme sponsored by TAHDCO, Government of Tamilnadu, during 3rd May 2010 to 7th May 2010 at RMK Engineering College, Kavarapettai.
- Attended QIP on “Web Collaboration and Technology” conducted by Department of Information Technology, BSA Crescent Engineering College, Vandalur from 18-05-09 to 31-05-09.
- Sanction received for Rs.1,65,800/- for organizing STTP under AICTE AQIS scheme on “Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning Techniques” during December 2020
- Submitted a research project on “Development of a Common Interface for Efficient Utilization of Online Services in Rural areas” to Technology Development Systems Programme, DST.
- Submitted a research project on “Integrated Pest Control and Water Management System based on IoT for Agriculture” to DST.
- Consultancy work on “Cloud and Virtualization Solution” has been granted by “Cloud Masters Technology Solutions”, Chennai during August 2018 – March 2019.
- Consultancy work on “Enterprise Application Development for Trading Business” has been granted by Imtrade Commodities India Pvt.Ltd, Chennai during August 2019 – July 2020.
- Handled Computer Awareness Training Programme for Police Personnel (AIPDM) during November 2019.
- Coordinator – ISO coordinator, UG admission coordinator, Class Advisor,
- NAAC Coordinator, IQAC Coordinator, UGC Monitoring Committee Coordinator
- Member – Board of Studies, Department Academic Audit Committee, Faculty advisor,
- Doctoral Committee Member, Project Committee member.