Overview of the Department
The department offers Master of Computer Applications (MCA) since 1994, M.Phil (Computer Science) since 2009, Ph.D (Computer Science) since 2009, MCA (Lateral Entry) since 2014. The department motivates Staff and Students to promote Industry Institute Interaction and R&D activities. In addition to regular curriculum the department organizes technical seminars, symposia, workshops, industrial visits, in-plant training to expose the students to the real world environments and to enable them to gain practical knowledge.
The website and Internet services of the institute are maintained by the Department of Computer Applications. Along with that the Department offers additional virtual lab classes, live classes, tutorial MOOC’s and vocational augmentation. Courses through IIT Professors under MHRD’s QEEE programme.Special placement opportunities on mobile development in Android/IOs platforms.
The MCA Programme was accredited by NBA since 2001. The department has adequate infrastructure and well-equipped laboratories and it is empowered with a team of highly qualified faculty members.
- To ensure better quality of all round education by providing the opportunity to students to explore and understand the fundamental concepts of technology learning.
- To enhance problem-solving skills of students through industry oriented projects and applying state-of-the-art techniques.
- To be an eternal source of motivation to the students to keep bettering his/her the past performance in the semester examinations
- To enhance the employability factor of the students by providing adequate training and resources to develop and demonstrate the employability skills.
- To supplement the academic input of students by way of seminars, conferences, guest lectures, industrial visits and in-plant training.
- To strive constantly to improve the quality of the faculty members through up-gradation of qualification, participation in/conduction of short term training programmers (STTP), seminars and workshops, and publications of papers, books etc.
- To provide industrial exposure to the faculty members by undertaking sponsored research, consultancy work and organizing industry oriented training programme at various levels.
Salient Features of the Department
- Industry experts participation in Board of Studies
- Student : System ratio = 1 : 1
- High end computing facilities
- MoU with IT Industries for placement with free academic projects and corporate training
- Students are allowed to do their projects in reputed companies like Birla Soft, Fotran Cirkit, DRDO, Air India, ICF, Indian Oil Corporation, HCL, IBS, Predictiva, Wipro, Infosys, etc.
- Students are placed in reputed software industries like TCS, CTS, Wipro, Infosys, iNautix, Birla Soft, Mahindra Satyam, HCL
- Industrial visits are regularly arranged
- Offering Certification Programs like CISCO-CCNA & ORACLE-OCA.
- Provisioning of 1 GBPS internet link connectivity under NMEICT
- Established the state of the art data centre with 24 x 7 availability and accessibility through high end rack servers, blade servers, 10 Tera Byte SAN storage and server virtualizations.
- MoU for Training the Students with Multinational Software Companies like Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, ORACLE, Infosys, Wipro etc.
- Maintenance of College and institute Website, Email and Internet Services
- Conferences, Workshops and Seminars are organized regularly.
Scope for Employment
- Upon graduation students will be employed in various divisions of leading IT companies such as software development, testing, maintenance and support.