OFFICE OF DEAN (RESEARCH)
Motto: To make and keep Crescent first with Trust
Vision: Crescent – A Research Intensive Institution
RESEARCH MENTORS, SUPPORTERS – ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ABOUT THE OFFICE OF RESEARCH
- B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, “A Research Intense Institution” lay greater emphasis on academic and research in its endeavor to become a premier institution contributing to the Scientific and Technological development of our Country.
- The Institute has a well-established administrative structure to ensure quality research with various committees, namely, Research Advisory Committee (RAC), Research Board and Research Team and Forum.
- Research Advisory Committee (RAC), comprising eminent researchers in the field of Science, Engineering and Technology, which gives directions to the overall research activities of the Institution.
- Under the guidance of the RAC, Research Board formulates the overall research policies and thrust areas. The Deans of all the schools in the Institution are the members.
- In addition, each department has a research committee, to initiate and monitor the research activities of the department.
- The annual budget of the departments includes the fund required to procure equipment and software for research and their maintenance.
- All the Departments are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and software for carrying out research. The library has over 13,000 e-journals including IEEE, ASME, ASCE, Springer, Elsevier, Emerald, Proquest etc., and a collection of Open Access Journals, apart from 75,000+ Reference & Textbooks.
- 55 Research Fellowships (JRF / SRF) are available in all the Departments, to lure bright youngsters to take up research activities on full time basis.
- To motivate and help faculty members in the preparation of project proposals for funding from various government agencies.
- Research starts with an idea and an idea to various innovations. The APJ Abdul Kalam Innovation Centre is working closely with Research Team to transform the research towards entrepreneurship.