School of Electrical and Communication Sciences
Power Systems Engineering
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee
one-time payment (USD)
|1||M.Tech. Power Systems Engineering (2 years)||CGPA in UG Programme
8.0 and above: 750
Below 8.0 : 1500
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To develop competent and skilled power system engineers to meet the national and international requirements.
- To meet the day to day challenges faced by the power sector, due to deregulation and to equip the students in power system software applications.
- To meet the challenges of today’s clean energy sector and to contribute to the environmental social concerns
- To train the students to realistic industrial environment, meeting the modern engineering practices.
- Engineering knowledge:
- Problem analysis:
- Design/development of solutions:
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:
- Modern tool usage:
- The engineer and society:
- Environment and sustainability:
- Individual and team work:
- Project management and finance:
- Life-long learning:
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large,such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (Pos)
- Ability to provide solutions for power system problems to meet global requirements
- Have ability to apply various industrial power system software packages in the areas of planning and operation of power systems.
- To have a substantial knowledge, in emerging areas such as deregulation of power system, smart grid and clean energy