School of Mechanical Sciences
Eligibility For B.Tech Programme
- Candidates should have passed 12th standard examination conducted by State Board / CBSE / ISC or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates should have appeared for the Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test (CIEAT 2020) or should have a valid score in JEE (Main).
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education alone are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1998.
B.Tech LATERAL ENTRY-ELIGIBILITY
- Diploma (3 years)in Engineering/Technology awarded by state Board of Technical Education or Equivalent,with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- B.Sc.Degree from recognized university with a minimum of 60% of marks.Mathematics should be one of the subjects of study.
- Age Limit:Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1998.
CIEAT 2020 – Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test
Candidates shall be selected for admission to B.Tech Programme for all branches based on the merit in the qualifying examination and marks scored in the Engineering Admission Test (CIEAT) conducted by the B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology.
Date of CIEAT 2020 at the below Cities all over India: 18th April 2020
CIEAT 2020 will be conducted at the following cities.
Applications are invited from prospective Candidates.
Helpline : +91 95432 77888
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sl. No.||Name of the Programmes||*Tuition Fee per Semester based on % of marks in
Maths, Physics & Chemistry (INR)
|90% and above||80 – 89%||Below 80%|
|1||Aeronautical Engineering||Rs 25,000*||Rs 45,000*||Rs 75,000|
|Name of the Programmes||Tuition Fee per Semester based on % of marks in Diploma (INR)|
|90% and above||80 – 89%||Below 80%|
|B.Tech. (Lateral Entry)||Rs 25,000||Rs 50,000||Rs 75,000|
|Merit Scholarship for B.Tech. Programmes|
|+2 Cut off marks range||Scholarship on the fee|
|90% and above||Rs.1,00,000/- per year as Scholarship*|
|80 – 89%||Rs.60,000/- per year as Scholarship*|
*To receive the merit scholarship in the subsequent years, students should secure minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 7.5 in the semester examinations at the end of every academic year.
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
|Amenity Fee for B.Tech., B.Arch. and B.Des. (INR) – One time payment at the time of admission|
|1||Amenity Fee||Rs 30,000/-|
|2||Caution Deposit (Refundable)||Rs 5,000/-|
|*Hostel Fee per Year|
|Establishment Charges||Rs 40,000/-|
|Boarding Charges (Advance)||Rs 50,000/-|
*Caution Deposit (Refundable)Rs 5,000/(one time payment)
|*Transport Charges per Year (Optional)|
|A.C. Bus||Rs 40,000/- to 50,000/-|
*Transport charges varies based on the distance
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide fundamental knowledge in science, engineering and technology relating to Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering.
- To impart adequate knowledge and skills required for aircraft/aerospace industry, research organization and advance their careers and achieve positions of increasing responsibility, and/ or pursue entrepreneurial endeavors.
- To develop the technical expertise in design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance management of flight vehicles and their components.
- To provide exposure to the advancements in aeronautical science and engineering and related fields.
- To inculcate a sense of commitment to the profession through involvement with the community and professional organization.
The graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyses complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research –based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological advancement.
- Formulate and solve problems in Aeronautical Engineering using the knowledge acquired in core areas of aerodynamics, aircraft structures, propulsion, materials, flight dynamics and avionics.
- Design aircraft systems, components and processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.