School of Electrical and Communication Sciences
VLSI & Embedded Systems
Programme Educational Objectives
- To educate and train the graduates with knowledge and skills necessary to formulate, design and solve problems in Analog, Digital & Mixed Signal VLSI system design, VLSI Signal Processing, Real Time Embedded System design and Hardware Software Co-Design
- To provide technical skills in software and hardware tools related to the design and implementation of integrated Circuits, System on Chip for real time applications
- To provide scope for Applied Research and innovation in the various fields of VLSI and Embedded Systems, and enabling the students to work in the emerging areas
- To enhance communication and soft skills of students to make them work effectively as a team
The graduates will
- Be able to analyze, design and implement Analog, Digital and Mixed Signal Circuits and real time embedded systems
- Have in-depth knowledge and capability to use industry standard tools in the design and implementation of VLSI and real time Embedded Systems.
- Be able to undertake research projects in related domains of VLSI and Embedded systems.
- Possess the capability to communicate effectively and work as a team in the professional career
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. The candidates should have also secured minimum of 60% in graduation. B.E. / B.Tech. in ECE /EIE /ICE /EEE/ Electronics or Equivalent.
For Foreign Students
- Candidate should secure minimum of 60% in graduation.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee – one-time payment (USD)||Total (USD)|
|1||M.Tech. VLSI & Embedded Systems (2 years)||1500||500||2000|
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
*Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|Boarding & Lodging||USD 2,500|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 200|
*Subjected to Revision