||Downloads (curriculum & syllabi)
||M.Sc. Physics (Updated till July 2016)
||M.Sc. Materials Science (Updated till June 2015)
||Ph.D (Part Time and Full Time)
B.Sc. Physics / Applied Sciences / Electronics / Electronics Science / Electronics & Instrumentation
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To identify, formulate, analyze and optimize variety of problems related to various fields of Physics through basic knowledge and to apply the skills and knowledge acquired during the UG studies.
- To acquire knowledge of fundamental laws and principles in wide areas of Physics along with their applications so as to develop strong student competencies in Physics and its applications in a technology-rich, interactive environment.
- To prepare for the successful pursuit of Post Graduate studies and shall have abilities to engage in life-long learning in various fields of Physics and General Science.
- To understand the challenges of a dynamically and globalised changing world adapting their skills through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- To work effectively in bringing interdisciplinary ideas related to diverse environmental skills to excel in technical careers and thrive in Post Graduate and research studies using scientific principles and applications of Physical Science.
- To become effective researcher who will be able to provide lucid summation of the scientific literature on a given topic of study.
- To develop their skills to plan, execute and report the results of extended computational techniques, experimental and theoretical Physics based projects in a research environment.
- To inculcate the sense of ethics, professionalism and effective communication skills amongst graduates improve their workplaces, communities and the society through professional and personal responsibilities and activities of their work.
- To prepare the students to successfully compete for employment and to offer a wide range of experience in research methods, data analysis to meet the industrial needs.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
After the completion of PG programme, graduates will be able to
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Function on interdisciplinary teams with professional and ethical responsibility.
- Use the modern techniques, skills and sophisticated equipment necessary for research.
- Apply knowledge and skill in the design and development of Electronics circuits to cater to the needs of Electronic Industry.
- Become professionally trained in the area of optical communication, lasers, nonlinear circuits, materials development and characterization including nanomaterials.
- Demonstrate highest standards of actuarial ethical conduct and professional actuarial behavior, critical, interpersonal and communication skills as well as a commitment to life-long learning.
- Successfully compete for employment in the field of Teaching, Research and Industries.