||Downloads (curriculum & syllabi)
||B.Tech. Polymer Engineering(Regulations 2017)
||B.Tech. Polymer Engineering(Updated till June 2015)
||B.Tech. Polymer Engineering(Updated till June 2014)
||M.Tech. Polymer Technology(Full/Part Time)
B.Tech. Polymer Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives
- To impart basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering principles required for understanding the concepts in polymer science and technology
- To provide broad exposure to various societal, ecological, ethical and commercial issues
- To provide knowledge in synthesis & characterization of materials and design & manufacture of polymer products
- To impart practical skills in design, development and processing of polymer compounds and products
- To equip with necessary knowledge in developing advanced materials for engineering applications
- To provide necessary managerial and soft skills to become an effective professional
B.Tech.Polymer Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyses complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research –based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Synthesis polymers by using various techniques and characterize their physical properties.
- Select polymer, formulate them for specific applications and characterize the performance properties.
- Design and analyze moulds and plastics products to meet the needs of the industries.
- Process plastics, rubbers and composites materials for various components and products.