PROJECT BASED LEARNING
The department is actively involved in engaging students for project based learning in various courses like polymer reaction engineering, materials science and engineering, chemical engineering, rubber science and technology,
Batch reactor built and studied by final year students
Crystal lattice models built by students
Students are actively involved in preparing compound at rubber processing lab
Counter flow working model developed by students of first year
Composite fabrication by third year students
Tubular flow reactor developed by final year students
- Two weeks in-plant training for final year students, Mr. Shabeerudin.S.H and Ms. N.Muhshina Begum was arranged during the month of July 2016 in “Motherson Automotive Technologies and Engineering” at Sriperumbudur.
- Industrial training was arranged for IInd & IIIrd Year students of PT to M/s. Apollo Tyres Ltd, during 3 – 20 June, 2014.
- Shankar Rajendra Pillay, IIIrd Year student had undergone “Inplant Training” in “Taparia Tools Ltd.” Nashik, During 5 – 15th June 2013.
- R.Syed Imran., B.Yasar Arafath, M.H.Mahmood Ali Ismail, IVth Year students had undergone Inplant training in “Esteem Polymer Products Pvt. Ltd.” during June 2013.
- M.Muthu Subramanian, IVth Year student undergone Project work in “National Chemical Labaratory” for two months during May-July 2013.
- K.R.Kaviarasan, S.Syed Arif Mideen, M.H.Mahmood Ali Ismail of IVth Year and Sudharsan N.R. of IIIrd Year, had undergone Inplant Training in “Apollo Tyres Ltd.” during Dec 2013.
- M.H.Mahmood Ali Ismail, IVth Year student had undergone Inplant Training in “Formulated Polymer Pvt. Ltd.” during June 2013.
- Ms.J.Malaivizhi and P.Sanmuga Priya, IIIrd Year students had undergone “Inplant Training” in Plastics Testing Area, CIPET during 17 – 23, Dec 2013.
- Industrial training was arranged for IInd & IIIrd Year students of PT to M/s. SMR Automotive Systems India Ltd and Apollo Tyres Ltd, during May to June, 2013.
- Second and Third year students visited Saravana Golbal Energy Ltd, Maduranthagam on 2nd March, 2017.
Second and Third year students visited Carborundum Universal Ltd (CUMI) on 6th October, 2016.
Industrial visit was arranged for third & final year students to “Packaging India Ltd”, Pondicherry on 25.03.15
Industrial visit was arranged for third second & third year students to “Formulated Polymers, Chennai” on 09.04.15.
Industrial visit was arranged for third & final year students to Toshiba Machines Chennai Pvt.Ltd on 17.9.14