Dr. V. Muralidharan
|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
||Karpagam University, Coimbatore
||Computational Engineering and Networking
||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
||Anna University, Chennai
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute
||GKM College of Engineering and Technology
||May 2013 to Mar 2014
||S.R.M University, Kattankulathur.
||Dec 2009 to Apl 2013
||4 years 4 months
||Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai
||Sep 2007 to Nov 2009
||2 years 2 months
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery
- Design of Transmission Systems
- Engineering Graphics
Areas Of Research Interest
- Machine Condition Monitoring using vibration signals
- Application of Wavelets and vibration analysis in condition monitoring.
International & National Journal
- V.Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, N.R.Sakthivel “Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump Using Stationary Wavelet Features and Bayes Algorithm” Asian Journal of Science and Applied Technology, Volume 3, Issue 2,Dec 2014, pp.1-4.
- V. Muralidharan, S. Ravikumar, H.Kanagasabapathy “Condition monitoring of Self aligning carrying idler (SAI) in belt-conveyor system using statistical features and decision tree algorithm”, Measurement, Volume58,Decemer2014, pages 274–279.
- V.Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, M. Indira “Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump using SVM” Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, Volume 17, September 2014, 152-157.
- V.Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Feature Extraction using Wavelets and Classification through Decision Tree Algorithm for Fault Diagnosis of Mono-Block Centrifugal Pump” Measurement, Volume 46, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 353-359.
- V.Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Rough Set Based Rule Learning and Fuzzy Classification of Wavelet Features for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump” Measurement, Volume 46, Issue 9, November 2013, Pages 3057-3063.
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Selection of Discrete Wavelets for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump using the J48 Algorithm”, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Volume 27, Issue 1, Jan 2013, pp.1-19. (Impact Factor: 0.475)
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “A comparative study between Naïve bayes classifier and Bayes net classifier for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump using wavelet analysis, Applied Soft Computing, Volume 12, Issue 8, August 2012.
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Fault Diagnosis of Centrifugal Pump using Wavelet Features– a Fuzzy Based Approach” Int.J. of Computational Systems Engineering, Volume 1, Issue 3, Sep 2013, pp. 175 – 183.
- V. Muralidharan, Hemantha Kumar, V. Sugumaran, “Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock centrifugal Pump Using Discrete Wavelet Features and J48 Algorithm” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2012, pp. 120-126.
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran, N.R. Sakthivel “Wavelet Decomposition and SupportVector Machine for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump”, International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Volume 3, Issue 2, May 2011, pp. 159 – 177.
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “SVM Based Wavelet selection for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pumps” International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Inderscience Publishers.(Accepted for publication).
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran, GauravPandey “Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump using Stationary Wavelet Features and J48 Algorithm”International Journal of Production Technology and Management, Volume 1, Issue 1, 2011,pp. 65-70.
- V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran, GauravPandey “SVM Based Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump using Stationary Wavelet Features” International Journal of Design and Manufacturing Technology, Volume 2, Issue 1, 2011, pp. 1-6.
- K.Radhakrishnan, V.Muralidharan “Optimization of Weld Parameters and Weld Bead Dimensions in welding of 0.3%C-Cr-Mo-V Steel by Gas Tungsten Arc Welding process”, ICMED – 2016, held at SSN Engineering College, Chennai.
- S. Ravikumar, H.Kanagasabapathy, V. Muralidharan, S. Giftlin “ Vibration based fault detection and condition monitoring using Decision Tree Algorithm for Training carrying Idlers (TCI) in Belt-Conveyor System” ICMED – 2016, held at SSN Engineering College, Chennai.
- S. Ravikumar, H.Kanagasabapathy, V. Muralidharan, S. Giftlin “Application of Decision Tree Algorithm in classification and identification of faults in Self Aligning Training idlers in bulk material handling belt conveyor systems”, ICFEST – 2016, held at Agni College of Engineering, Chennai.
- S. Ravikumar,V. Muralidharan,H.Kanagasabapathy “Condition Monitoring of Self Aligning Carrying Self aligning carrying idler (SAI) in Belt-Conveyor System using Statistical Features and support vector machine” ICCIAMR-2014, held at Vels University, Chennai, May 2014.
- V. Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, “Selection of Wavelets for Fault Diagnosis of Monoblock Centrifugal pump using J48 Algorithm” COSMA- 2011, held at Amrita VishwaVidyapeetham, Coimbatore, December 2011.
- V. Muralidharan, V.Sugumaran, “Effect on Performance with Cascading Effect of Fault Diagnosis of Centrifugal Pump” COSMA- 2011, held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, December 2011.
- S. Siddarth, V. Muralidharan, V. Sugumaran “Condition Assessment of Robots in Flexible Assembly System” COSMA- 2011, held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, December 2011.
- V. Muralidharan, K. Vijayakumar, K.P. Soman, “Dimensionality Reduction using PCA and Classification through SVM for Fault Diagnostic System” held at College of Engineering, Trivendrum during December 2006.
With V.Sugumaran and Ravi C. Teja published a book on “Instrumentation and Control Systems”, University Science Press (An Imprint of Laxmi Publications) New Delhi. (ISBN: 97893-83828-50-0)
Reviewer for the following refreed international journals
- Measurement – Journal of the International Measurement Confederation, Elsevier.
- International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, Elsevier.
- Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Elsevier.
- Neural Computing and Applications, Springer Publications.
- International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology, Inderscience.
- Department coordinator for National Board of Accreditation – M.Tech. (CAD-CAM)
- Department Coordinator – PG and Ph.D admissions