Dr. M. A. Sai Balaji
|Nature of Employment
||+91 44 2275 1347,48,50(Office)
||Year of Passing
||Anna University Chennai
||Computer Aided Design
||Anna University Chennai
||No. of Years
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute
||June 2014 to
||GKM College of Engg. & Tech.
||Nov’2010 to June 2014
||Sree Sastha Institute of Engineering & Technology
||June 2008 to November 2010
||2 years and 5 Months
||Hindustan College of Engineering
||July 2007 to May 2008
||K.L.N College of Engineering, Madurai
||June 2003 to July 2007
||4 years and 1 month
||M/s.Bajaj Tempo Ltd., Pune
||Aug’1994 – July’2001
||6 years 11 months
- Production of Automotive components
- Design of Transmission systems
- Engineering Graphics
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery
International & National Journal
- Experimental studies of various reinforcing fibers in Automotive disc brake pad on friction stability, thermal stability and wear,Int. J. Materials and Product Technology, Vol. 45, Nos. 1/2/3/4, 2012,pp.132 – 144.
- Effect of varying cashew dust and resin on friction material formulation: stability and sensitivity of µ to pressure, speed and temperature.International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering,Vol.8, No.4, 2014.
- Optimization of a Non asbestos semi metallic disc brake pad formulation with respect to friction and wear, Procedia Engineering 38(2012) 1650-1657
- Optimization of Tribological Properties of Nonasbestos Brake Pad Material by Using Steel Wool,Advances in Tribology, Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 165859, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/165859
- Alteration of molecular weight in the resin matrix in relation to fade and wear in a semi- metallic brake pad, Advanced Science Letters,Volume 13, Number 1, June 2012 , pp. 525-533(9)
- Tribological performance of a Non asbestos organicbrake pad using various organic and mineral fibers, Advanced Materials Research Vol. 585 (2012) pp 559-563.
- Effect of Alkyl Benzene Modified Resin Matrix in relation to the friction stability in a Non Asbestos Disc brake pad, ISBN: 978-81-909042-2-3 ©2012 IEEE
- Thermal and fade aspects of a non-asbestos semi metallic disc brake pad formulation with two different resins, Advanced materials Research, Vols.622-623 (2013) pp 1559-1563.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Fade and recovery behavior of brake pad developed using Boron and furfurol modified friction dust: proceedings of the ICRTEST-2016 conference, Special section on Hybrid and Composite Materials, Chemical Processing ed. Prof. Fernando Israel Gomez, pp. 224-232.
- Presented a paper titled “Tribo performance of a NA disc brake pad developed using two types of organic friction modifier” Proceedings of ICMDM 2016. February 17-19, 2016, Chennai, INDIA Paper Code 4763.
- Presented a paper titled “Optimization of a NA Semi metallic brake pad formulation with respect to friction and wear “ at Int. Conference on Modeling, Optimization and Computing ICMOC 2012, at NIU, Nagercoil during 10-11 April 2012
- Presented a paper titled “ Effect of Alkyl Benzene Modified Phenolic Resin with respect to friction stability of a Brake Pad” at IEEE-Int.Conference on Advances in Engineering, Science and Management, IEEE-ICAESM 2012, at EGS Pillay Engg College, during 30-31 March 2012 [ Best Paper Award].
- Presented a paper titled “ Effect of Modified Phenolic Resin in relation to fade and wear in a Semi metallic Brake Pad” at Int.Conference on Recent Advances in Materials & Processing, RAMP 2011 at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore during 23-24 Dec’ 2011.
- Presented a paper titled “ Development & Testing of Asbestos free brake lining material “ at Int.Conference on Advanced Materials & Processing, ICAMP 2011 at R.M.K. Engineering College, Chennai during 19-21 Dec’2011.
- Filed an Indian Patent under the name of the Article “ Interface Temperature measurement of frictional composite using Tribometer (PINON DISC),Application number 250507 dated 28/12/2012
- Filed an Indian Patent under the title “ Development of Non Asbestos, Low copper friction material for Automotive Disc brake pads, Application number 4818/CHE/2012 dated 19/11/2012.
- Indian Patent – Dry Mixing Machine and method of Mixing of friction material. Status : Appl. No. 201641009076 Filed March 15th , 2016.
- Asst.Coordinator– Department Exam Related work
- Faculty Advisor
- Class committee chairman for UG level
- Class Advisor