Dr. PRIYA VS
|Nature of Employment
||B.E., M.E., Ph.D.,
||Name of the University
||Year of Passing
||Indian Institute of Technology Madras
||Period of Employment
||B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
||KCG College of Technology, Karapakkam, Chennai
||Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College, Kodambakkam, Chennai
- Environmental Engineering –I
- Environmental Engineering-II
- Environmental science and engineering
- Industrial waste management
- Air Pollution Management
- Municipal Solid waste management
- Basic Civil and Mechanical Engineering
Areas of Research Interest
- Biological treatment of industrial effluents.
- Treatment of wastewater using Membrane bioreactor.
- Air quality management.
- Smart solid waste management using IoT.
- Synthesis of nano materials and development of advanced oxidation reactor for photocatalysis of pollutants under UV, visible and natural sunlight irradiation
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip, (2015), Treatment of Volatile Organic Compounds in Pharmaceutical Wastewater using Submerged Aerated Biological Filter, Chemical Engineering Journal, 266, 309–319. (Citation -12)
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip, (2013) Biodegradation of Dichloromethane along with other VOCs from Pharmaceutical wastewater, Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology , 169, 1197–1218. (Citation – 18)
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip (2015), Membrane bioreactor for the treatment of VOC laden pharmaceutical wastewater: Effect of biological treatment systems on membrane performance , Journal of Water Process Engineering, 7, 61–73. (Citation-2)
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip, (2015), Photocatalytic Degradation of Aqueous VOCs Using N Doped TiO2: Comparison of Photocatalytic Degradation under Visible and Sunlight Irradiation, International Journal of Environmental science and Development. ISSN- 2010-0264, 6,(4), 286-291. (Citation-5)
- V.S.Priya and Ligy Philip, (2015), Photocatalytic degradation of aqueous VOCs Degradation kinetics of VOC International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.95 (2015)
- Jeyanthi, J.,Saseetharan, M.K., Priya V.S. 2006. Modelling of secondary clarifier using regression analysis and artificial neural networks. Journal of Environmental science and engineering,48(1),1-8.
- International Conference on Architecture Civil and Environmental Engineering 2015, 25th-26th December 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Presented paper “Photocatalyic Degradation of VOCs: Degradation Kinetics”.
- 4th International Conference on Environmental and Agricultural Engineering (ICEAE 2014) held on 6th -7th August 2014 in Singapore. Presented paper “Photocatalytic Degradation of Aqueous VOCs Using N Doped TiO2: Comparison of Photocatalytic Degradation under Visible and Sunlight Irradiation”.
- National Conference on Advances in Chemical Sciences & Technology, 02-02-2017 & 03-02-2017, KCG College of Technology. Presented Paper “A Review On The Removal Of Volatile Organic Compounds From Pharmaceutical Industrial Wastewater”
- Indo-Us workshop on water quality and sustainability (07-1-2013 to11-01-2013), Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- National conference in Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, Cochin University of science and technology (29-11-12 to 01-12-12). Presented paper on “Biodegradation of VOC in pharmaceutical wastewater”.
- Presided as Chief Guest and delivered Keynote Lecture in FDP -Modern Eco-Friendly Material in Civil Engineering and Hands on Training of Advanced Environmental Engineering Lab Equipments organized by Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai on 01-06-2016.
- Chaired a Session in International Conference on Architecture Civil and Environmental Engineering 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Awards, Honors, Distinction & Recognition Received:
- B.E: University rank – Twentieth rank in Civil Engineering secured from Madras university
- M.E: Gold medalist – First rank in Environmental Engineering secured from Government College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- VIFA Award 2017 for the OUTSTANDING FACULTY IN ENGINEERING (Specialization in Environmental Engineering)
- IET Best Students Project Award –I Prize (2016) and II Prize (2017)
- Life Member (11972) – Indian Concrete Institute
- Life Member (9060)- Indian Water Works Association