Dr. B. Vijayalakshmi
|Nature of Employment
||Year of Passing
|Areas of Expertise
||Image processing, Optical Communication, Transmission lines and Antenna design, Communication Engineering,Research Methodology
||GEC6201 Research Methodology for Engineers
|Date of Joining at BSAU
|Years of Experience at BSAU
||3 Years and 10 Months
||13 years of Teaching / Research experience
Areas of Research Interest
- Image processing
- Optical Communication
- Transmission lines
- Antenna design
Research Publication in Conference
S.Divya, B.Vijayalakshmi and K.Sindhubala, “Visible light communication based Heart beat rate, Blood pressure and Patient information transmission”, International Conference on Adaptive Technologies for sustainable growth [ICATS-2016], Namakkal, 13-14 May 2016, pp52-56.
K.Sindhubala and B.Vijayalakshmi, “Simulation of VLC system under the influence of optical background noise using filtering technique”, International Conference on Computing, Communication, Nanophotonics, Nanoscience, Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (12C4N-2K16), Mala, Thrissur, Kerala, 7-8 April, 2016
- M.Mayuri, B.Vijayalakshmi, “Biomedical Data Transmission Using Visible Light Communication”, IEEE Sponsored 2nd International Conference on Innovations in Information Embedded and Communication Systems ICIIECS’15, Coimbatore, March19-20, 2015, volume 6, pp.18056-18060.
- K.Sindhubala and B.Vijayalakshmi, “Design and performance analysis of Visible Light Communication system through simulation”, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Computing and Communications Technologies, ICCCT’15, Chennai, Feb. 26-27, 2015, pp.215-220, ISBN:978-1-4799-7623-2/15/2015 IEEE.
- K.Sindhubala and B.Vijayalakshmi, “Ecofriendly Data Transmission in Visible Light Communication”, International Conference on Computer, Communication, Control and Information Technology”, C3IT 2015, Hoogly, Feb.7-8, 2015, PID 78, 978-1-4799-4445-3/15/2015 IEEE.
- K.Sindhubala and B.Vijayalakshmi,“Study of Visible Light Communication using RZ Modulation through Simulation”, International conference on Micro-electronics, Communication and Computation – 2015, hosted at San Diego, USA through virtual participation, 27-28 Feb.2015, pp.MC027-036.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, M.R.EbenezarJebarani, SahayaAnselin Nisha, “Prevention from Dynamic Issues Owing to Surface Reflection Persuade the Climate Change”, International Conference on “Space Technology Services and Climate Change”, RSTSCC 2010, Chennai, Nov. 13-15, 2010, pp.464-468. 978-1-4244-9183-4/10-2010IEEE.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, sheelaRani.B., Manoharan.N., “Modeling and Rendering the 3D reconstruction from Stereo images”, Proceedings of 3rd National Conference on Recent trends in instrumentations Applications, RETINA 09, Kovilpatti, March 2009, pp. 214-220.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, B.sheela Rani, N.Manoharan, “Coordinate Estimation for 3D Reconstruction of a Stereo Image to the Obstacles for AGV Navigation”, A National Seminar & Examination on Non-Destructive Evaluation, NDE 2009, Trichy, Dec.2009, pp.37
- B.Vijayalakshmi, sheelaRani.B., Manoharan.N., “Qualitative analysis on the Baseline Parameter for Detection of Obstacle using 3D Scene Generation of Stereo Images”, TEAM TECH 2008, an International Conference on Total Engineering, Analysis and Manufacturing Technologies, Bangalore, Dec.2008, pp.134-135.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, sheelaRani.B., Manoharan.N., “Framework of 3D Scene Reconstruction from Two 2D images for Navigation and collaboration”, Proceedings of an International Conference on Emerging Scenarios in Space Science and Technological Applications, ESSTA 2008, Chennai, Nov.2008, pp.557-561.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, Kavipriya, Chitra.P, “Multiband PCB Etched Microstrip Antenna Design for Wireless System”, Proceedings of an International Conference on Emerging Scenarios in Space Science and Technological Applications, ESSTA 2008, Chennai, Nov.2008, pp.169-172.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, N.Manoharan, B.sheela Rani, “A Comparative study and analysis on the performance of cameras during image acquisition of stereovision”, an international workshop on Imaging NDE 2007,INDE 2007, Kalpakkam, April 2007, pp.17.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, Manoharan.N., sheelaRani.B., “Real time Image Rectification of Stereo Images”, TISC 2007, Proceedings of an International Conference on “Trendz in information Sciences and computing”, TISC 2007, Dec.2007, Chennai, Volume II, pp.887-890.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, N.Manoharan, B.sheela Rani, “Area based algorithm to detect obstacles in static and dynamic environment for autonomous ground vehicle”, Proc.of International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control, ISCO 2006, Aug. 2006,CD Proceedings, pp. 485-489.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, N.Manoharan, B.sheela Rani, “A Simple Image Rectification Algorithm For Fast Stereovision Analysis”, National Symposium on Instrumentation, NSI-31, Oct.2006, Gwalior, Abstract no: 85, pp.60.
Research Publication in Journals
- K. Sindhubala and B. Vijayalakshmi, “Receiver Intend to Reduce Ambient Light Noise in Visible-Light Communication using Solar Panels”, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review10 (1), pp.84- 90, April 2017, ISSN: 1791-2377
- SindhubalaKadirvelu and Vijayalakshmi Baba, “Temperature Data Transfer Using Visible Light Communication”, © Springer Nature Singapore Pvt. Ltd. 2017, Computer Communication, Networking and Internet Security, Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems 5, Edition 3, Chapter23, DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-3226-4_3-pp23-33.
- K. Sindhubala and B. Vijayalakshmi, “Survey on Noise Sources and Restrain Techniques in Visible-Light Communication”, Light & Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 2, June 2016, ISSN 0236-2945, pp.107-117. Impact factor 0.67, Scopus, Web of science indexed
- K. Sindhubala and B.Vijayalakshmi, “Experimental Indoor Visible-Light Communication System Using Solar Panel Receiver in the Presence of Ambient Light Noise”, Light & Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 2, June 2016, ISSN 0236-2945, pp.96-106. Impact factor 0.67, Scopus, Web of science indexed
- K. Sindhubala and B. Vijayalakshmi, “Review on impact of ambient light noise sources and applications in optical wireless communication using LED”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol.10(12), ISSN 0973-4562, pp. 31115-31130, Aug.2015.
- K.Sindhubala and B.Vijayalakshmi, “Design and Implementation of Visible Light Communication System in Indoor Environment”, Asian Research Publishing Network (ARPN) Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, ISSN 1819-6608, Vol.10, No.7, April 2015, pp2882-2886.
- Mrs.R.Anitha, P.Sailalithrohit and Dr.B.Vijaya Lakshmi, “Simulation of Quantum Circuits using QCAD”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.26, pp.21596-21600, April 2015.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, B.sheela Rani, N.Manoharan, “Development of an Adaptive Triangulation Algorithm to Estimate Obstacle Distance from Stereo Images”, National Journal of Technology, NJT, March 2011, Volume 7, Number 1, ISSN 0973-1334, pp.84-89.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, B.sheela Rani, N.Manoharan, “Evaluation of Dense Two Frame Stereo Correspondence Algorithm to define the Depth Cues from Imaging Sensors”, Journal of Computer Science and Applications, JCSA, International Research Publication House Volume 2, Number 1, July-December 2010, pp. 45-54.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, B.sheela Rani, N.Manoharan, “Distinctive Feature Detection Algorithm through Clustered Mask of Stereo Images” CIIT International Journal of Digital Image processing, May 2010,Volume 2, No.5, ISSN 0974-9691,pp.141-146. [IF.0.65]
- B.Vijayalakshmi, B.sheelarani, N.Manoharan, “Normalized Cut and Pair Wise Clustering Image Segmentation for Obstacle Detection from 2D Images”, International Journal of Electrical Systems and Control (IJESC), July-December 2010,Volume 2, Number 2, ISSN 0975-3508 pp. 97–101
- B.Vijayalakshmi, B.sheelarani, N.Manoharan, “Surface Reconstruction of Stereo Images using Feature Extraction Algorithm”, International Journal of Mechanics Structural, International Research Publication House, Volume 1, Number 1 (2010), pp.17-27.
- B.Vijayalakshmi, Manoharan.N., sheelarani.B., “Real_time Image Rectification of Stereo Images”, International Journal on Information Sciences and computing, 2007,Volume 1, Number 1, ISSN 0973-9092, pp.42-46.
Currently Guiding 7 Ph.D Research scholars at Crescent Institute and Doctoral committee member for 4 Research scholars of Anna university and other universities.
Research guidance is sustained in the following titles
- Design of wideband planar antenna based on hyperbolic meta materials for sensing applications
- Developing a technique to reduce the optical background noise in visible light communication using LED
- Security management for efficient communication using Quantum cryptography
- Design and analysis of equalizer for wireless communication
- Multilayer coupled line microstrip quad band pass filter for UWB application
- Investigation of High-K dielectric based charge trap nonvolatile memories
- Investigation of floating gate memory with High K interpoly dielectrics.
Research Proposal Submitted
As a Co-principal Investigator, a Research Proposal Titled “Fabrication and characterization of High _K (HfO2) based MOS Energy Storage device”, submitted under Oriented Research &Technology Development Proposals on Materials for Energy Storage (MES)-2017 to Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science &Technology, Govt. of India, during April 2017.
- Open house & Technical Exhibition 2015 as ECE department coordinator to take care of the exhibition stall and to support the students during the development of working models
- Open house & Technical Exhibition 2014 as ECE department coordinator to take care of the exhibition stall and to support the students during the development of working models
- Co-Convener of two days National conference on “Recent trends in VLSI, Information and Communication “, for Research Scholars, Academicians, Industrialists and students named as “NCRVIC 2014” , during 26th and 27th of March, 2014.
- Organized a National level Conference “ ELCOMPO’10”, in December 2010 for Research Scholars, Academicians, Industrialists and students.
- Organized a National level Conference, “ELCOMPO’09”, in September 2009 for Research Scholars, Academicians, Industrialists and students
Guest Lectures Given:
- Lecture in Biomedical Image Compression at “National Level Two days Workshop On Research Oriented Approaches on Biomedical Image Processing using Matlab”, organized by the Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering of B.S.A.Crescent Institute, Vandalur on 11.04.201, for the research scholars of other institutions and BSA Crescent Institute
- “Efficient RF and wireless communication power management techniques”, carried in the “National Conference on Communication and Computing”, NCCC’17, March 2017, organized by the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering SRM University.
- Guest Lecture in “Salient region detection by improving image clarity of fused images”, for the research scholar of other institutions and our institution through Research forum of BSAU on 10.7.2015 Guest Lecture
- Guest Lecture in “Electronics nose in automation”, carried in the “Technical symposium ECLECTIC’14” on October 8th – 2014, organized by the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering SRM University.
Attended – Workshops / Seminars
- Webinar in OptiSystem – Optical Communication System Design and OptiSPICE conducted on 8th April, 2016 by DELL Soft
- Webinar in FibreOptiics Solutions using Optiwave Software conducted on 7th April, 2016 by DELL Soft
- webinar series in RF & Microwave Test during 10th and 11th March, 2016 conducted by National Instruments
- Webinar in EstiNet 9.0 – Optical Communication System Design and OptiSPICE conducted on 30th June, 2016 by MathWorks
- Webinar on NI SDR Online Webcast Series “Programming Software Defined Radio”, “Interfacing NextGen Wireless Systems”, conducted on Jul 29, 2016, by National Instruments
- TEAM TECH 2012, an International Conference on Total Engineering, Analysis and Manufacturing Technologies, Bangalore
- International Conference on “Space Technology Services and Climate Change”, RSTSCC 2010, Chennai, Nov. 13-15, 2010
- National Conference on Recent trends in instrumentations Applications, RETINA 09, Kovilpatti, March 2009
- A National Seminar & Examination on Non-Destructive Evaluation, NDE 2009, Trichy, Dec.2009
- International Conference on Emerging Scenarios in Space Science and Technological Applications, ESSTA 2008, Chennai
- TEAM TECH 2008, an International Conference on Total Engineering, Analysis and Manufacturing Technologies, Bangalore, Dec.2008
Industrial visit arranged
Industrial visit arranged to the PG and UG Students of ECE department
- to ISRO, Sriharikotta,
- to Neyveli Lignite Corporation
- to VainuBappu Observatory, Kavalur, 7th March 2017