|Nature of Employment
||D.E.E.E., B.E., M.E., (Ph.D.)
||Power Electronics and Drives
||Instrumentation and Control Engineering
||Electrical and Electronics Engineering
||Directorate of Technical Education
||Institute / University
|Guest Faculty (Part Time)
||Karpaga Vinayaga College of Engineering and Technology
||2 years 7 months
Area of Research Interest
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Deep Learning
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Robotics and Automation
- Filed one patent in the field of Bio-Medical Instrumentation.
- Rajagopal, A., Alagumariappan, P., & Krishnamurthy, K. (2018). Development of an Automated Decision Support System for Diagnosis of Digestive Disorders Using Electrogastrograms: An Approach Based on Empirical Mode Decomposition and K-Means Algorithm. In P. Pattnaik, A. Swetapadma, & J. Sarraf (Eds.), Expert System Techniques in Biomedical Science Practice (pp. 97-119). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-5149-2.ch005
- Alagumariappan P., Krishnamurthy K. (2018) An Approach Based on Information Theory for Selection of Systems for Efficient Recording of Electrogastrograms. In: Mandal J., Saha G., Kandar D., Maji A. (eds) Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 24. Springer, Singapore. doi:10.1007/978-981-10-6890-4_45
Invited Lectures Delivered
|Hands on Experience on Basic Electronics
||Adhi College of Engineering and Technology
|Hands on Experience on LABVIEW
||MIT Campus, Anna University
|Hands on Experience on Embedded controllers
||Karaikal polytechnic college
|Signal Conditioning and Interfacing Circuits for Biosensors
||B. S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technoloy
|Superconducting quantum interference device (SQUID)
||B. S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technoloy
- Alagumariappan, P., Krishnamurthy, Ponnuswamy, M. J., Selection of Surface Electrodes for Electrogastrography and Analysis of Normal and Abnormal Electrogastrograms using Hjorth Information. International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology. (In Press)
- Alagumariappan, P., Krishnamurthy, K., Kandiah, S., & Ponnuswamy, M. J. (2017). Effect of electrode contact area on the information content of the recorded electrogastrograms: An analysis based on Rényi entropy and Teager-Kaiser Energy. Polish Journal of Medical Physics and Engineering, 23(2), 37-42.
- Govindasamy.k. Sathishkumar, N. Vimalraj, T.S. Sivakumaran, Paramasivam Alagumariappan, Design and Fabrication of High Efficiency Squirrel Cage Induction Motor using Finite Element Method, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, March 2015, Volume 10, Pages 1852-1858.
|Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology
|IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine
||IEEE Consumer Electronics Society
|IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics
||IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
|Computational Techniques for Dental Image Analysis
|Advances in Systems Science and Applications
||International Institute for General Systems Studies, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Paramasivam, A., Kamalanand, K., Emmanuel, C., Mahadevan, B., Sundravadivelu, K., Raman, J., Mannar Jawahar, P., Influence of Electrode Surface Area on the Fractal Dimensions of Electrogastrograms and Fractal Analysis of Normal and Abnormal Digestion Process, IEEE International Conference RTECC-’18, 279-284, 2018.
- Alagumariappan, P., & Krishnamurthy, K. (2018). An Approach Based on Information Theory for Selection of Systems for Efficient Recording of Electrogastrograms. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing and Communication Systems (pp. 463-471). Springer, Singapore.
- Paramasivam Alagumariappan, Kamalanand Krishnamurthy, Analysis of Normal and Abnormal electrogastrograms using Teager-Kaiser Energy, International Conference on Energy and Environment, 134-136, 2017.
- Alagumariappan, P.; Rajagopal, A.; Krishnamurthy, K. Complexity Analysis on Normal and Abnormal Electrogastrograms Using Tsallis Entropy. In Proceedings of the 3rd Int. Electron. Conf. Entropy Appl., 1–10 November 2016; Sciforum Electronic Conference Series, Vol. 3, 2016 , A003; doi:10.3390/ecea-3-A003.
- Mangayarkarasi, M., Sundarrajan, G. T., Paramasivam, A., Ravi Kumar, D. N. S., A High Step-up Modified Isolated DC-DC Converter Integrated with Inverter fed Induction Motor for Industrial Applications, LAMSYS-’18.
- Sahana, A. S., Paramasivam, A., & Kamalanand, K. (2017, March). Experimental investigations on capacitive imaging of biological materials. In Biosignals, Images and Instrumentation (ICBSII), 2017 Third International Conference on (pp. 1-3). IEEE.
- Anand, V; Narendran, R; Paramasivam, A. , Mathematical Modelling of India’s Population and Rice Production with Entropy Maximization, International Conference on Sustainable Energy & Environmental Sciences (SEES). Proceedings; Singapore: 28-32. Singapore: Global Science and Technology Forum. (2017)
- V Rajini, A Paramasivam, Analyzing Wind Power Potential in Cauvery Delta Areas for Implementation of Renewable Energy based Standalone Pumping System for Irrigation, IERI Procedia, 1 January 2013; Volume 5, Pages 153-16
International Conference / National Conference / Seminars / Workshops
- Attended one day awareness Workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights” (IPR 2018) held on 2nd February 2018 at MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai organized by Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (CIPR), College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University, Chennai.
- Attended 3-Days National Workshop on “Raspberry PI & Siemens Based Industrial Application with IoT Technology” conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research (NITTTR), Chennai during 4th to 6th January 2018.
- Attended two weeks Faculty Training Programme on “ Nano Instrumentation Systems and Biomedical NANO Technology” organized by Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, B. S. Abdur Rahman Crescent University, Chennai during 3rd to16th November 2017.
- Participated in One day seminar on “SENSORS” organized by The Academy of Sciences, Chennai held at the Department of Instrumentation Engineering, MIT Campus, Anna University on 28th October 2017.
- Participated in One day seminar on “Future Requirements in Space and Defense Technologies for India (FRISADTFI-17)” organized by the Department of Aerspace Engineering and Centre for Aerospace Research (CASR) at MIT Campus, Anna University, chennai during 15th October 2017.
- Participated in World Research Journals Congress (WRJC-2017) held at Bangkok, Thailand from 26th to 28th June 2017 and presented a paper entitled “Analysis of Normal and Abnormal Electrogastrograms using Teager-Kaiser Energy”.
- Participated in the National Conference on Recent Trends in Instrumentation & Control (RTIC-2016) organized by the Department of Instrumentation Engineering, Madras Institute of Technology Campus, Anna University during 18th & 19th March 2016.
- Participated in International Conference on Computing and Communication Systems (I3CS’16) held at Department of Information Technology, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, India during 11th – 13th November, 2016 and presented a paper entitled “An Approach Based on Information Theory for Selection of Systems of Efficient Recording of Electrogastrograms”.
- Attended eight days Faculty Development Training Programme on “Electromagnetic Theory” organized by Arunai College of Engineering, Tiruvannamalai during 16th to 23rd June 2014.
- Attended five days Faculty Training Programme on “Instructional Design & delivery” organized by Soceity for Educational and Enterpreneurship Development (SEED) held at Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Karpaga Vinayaga College of Engineering and Technology, Chennai during 18th to 22nd June 2013.
- Participated and presented a paper entitled “Nano Technology” held at Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Sethu Institute of Technology, Kariapatti during 10th September 2007.
Awards and Honors
||University / College / Agency
|Third prize in Mini-Project Competition (MIPROFEST’08)
||Society of Instrumentation Engineers (ICON), Sethu Institute of Technology, Kariapatti.
|Second prize in Mini-Project Competition (MIPROFEST’09)
||Society of Instrumentation Engineers (ICON), Sethu Institute of Technology, Kariapatti
|First prize in Marketing Competition (SIT RANET’08)
||Soceity of Computer Engineers (SITWARE), Sethu Institute of Technology, Kariapatti
|Best Student Paper Award for “Mathematical Modelling of India’s Population and Rice Production with Entropy Maximization”
||6th Annual International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Sciences (SEES 2017), Singapore organized by Global Science and Technology Forum
Membership in Professional Societies/Associations
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Bernoulli society for mathematical statistics and probability
- ASTM International