- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is offering a two credit core course EEB3213 – Self learning during VI semester.
- This is a mandatory pre-requisite for the student to undertake the major project work.
- The student can select the self-learning course based on his/her interest in the area of proposed project work.
- Two hour per week is allotted for discussion and interaction with the project supervisor.
- As any other course, self-learning course also has six modules. The course content and study materials shall be decided by the respective supervisor and HOD and sent for approval by Dean (Academic).
- CAT 1, CAT 2 and Semester End examinations are conducted.
- This makes a thorough preparation for the student to undertake his/her project work confidently in the eighth semester.
- As a part of making the students of the department industry ready, a core course ‘EEB3215 Industrial Internship’ is included in the curriculum of undergraduate programme.
- Mandatory 30 days of industrial internship, in a single slot
- Internship has to be undertaken during the third year summer vacation and the credits will be awarded in the seventh semester.
- Teaching faculty is appointed as the coordinator for the Interns
- No two students are allowed to be in the same site.
- Coordinator continuously monitors the performance of the students during the internship.
- After completion of the internship, the students are required to submit a detailed report
- Interns are required to present a Poster Presentation.
- The Interns should submit the industry evaluated certificate.
- 50% weightage is given to the evaluation by the industry and remaining 50% weightage to the evaluation by the committee appointed by the Head of the Department.
- The 50 % weightage of evaluation done at the department comprises of (a) 20/50 for viva-voce, (b) 20/50 for the Intern report and (c) 10 /50 for poster presentation.
Selected group of Industries for Industrial Internship:
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
- Andrapradesh Power Generation Corporation
- Airport, Chennai
- BHEL, Ranipet.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Ford India Limited
- L&T Constructions Limited
- TN TRANSCO
- Kone Elevators and Escalators
- Tessolve Services Pvt. Ltd.,
- Siemens Litd.,
- Ventures Power System India Ltd.,
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.,
- Integrated Coach Factory
- Visakapatnam Steel Plant
- BSNL, Chennai
- LUCAS TVS, Pondicherry
- Southern railway loco works, perambur, Chennai
- Ennore Thermal Power Station
- KELTRON, Trivandrum
- NSR steel Pvt. Ltd, Nagercoil
- NSCB, Airport Authority of India, Kolkata
- Venture Power Systems, MEPZ, Tambaram
- Chennai Port Trust
- Control system services, Patna (Bihar)
- SUN Automation
- CCSM Sugar mill, villupuram
- Mahindra World City
QEEE (Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education)
Our University is announced as best performing institution falling under the category of “QEEE Partner “Institutions, Implying that we are amongst the best Institutions to have leveraged the QEEE program for the benefits of our UG/PG students.
||Course offered by the QEEE Pilot Program Phase –V, Jan –April 2016.
||No. Of Students participated and Completed the course
Design of Feedback in Control Systems
- Visits to industries are arranged, so that the students will get a real time industrial exposure. Some of the industries visited by the students are given below.
||Place of industrial Visit
||Date of Industrial Vist
||Sripermumbur 400/230kV Substation
||Atomic Power Station, Kalpakkam
||Andrew Yule and Company Limited
||Smart Grid and System Control Centre, Puduchery
||Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC)
||Sew Euro drive India Pvt. Ltd.., Sriperumpudur
||Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC)
||Thondamandalam Substation & System control Center of Electricity Department , Pondicherry
||Numerical Power Ltd Systems, Puduchery
||System Control Centre, Puduchery
||MAPS, Kalpakkam, Chennai
||Load Dispatch Centre, Anna Salai, Chennai
- Motivating the students to think laterally and out-of-the-box to generate innovative ideas.
- Transforming innovative ideas into products of societal needs
- Faculties mentoring the students to carry out the project effectively by providing required technical guidance.
- Filing patents and commercialization of the products in the long run.
- SHAIK ABDUL AYAZ(EEE), HAMAD ARSHAN. C won 2nd place with the cash prize worth of Rs 30,000 in Chopras Electronic Car Competition at Hayat Regency in Chennai In May 2016.
- Naveed Shiraj of B.Tech EEE won 1st place in the Solar Lamp Design Contest organized by IEEE Madras Section SIGHT,The Solarillion initiative and IEEE power and Energy Sector at Dr.M.S.Swaminathan Research Foundation , Chennai on 23 April 2013