Students Code Of Conduct
Important Message for KBA Men’s Hostel Students & Parents
Hostel students are requested to open the link (https://g21.digialm.com/EForms/html/form55798/login.html
) then enter into with their Self Services Login and read the “CRESCENT HOSTEL GUIDE LINES” given under the Hostel Guide line page then submit the acceptance by click on “I AGREE” . The link will be available during 27th – 31st Dec 2018. Failing which entry in the hostel commencement of even semester may not be permitted.
Being a member of Crescent family provides each one of us the opportunity to learn from each other and practice the responsibilities that are required for a community to be safe and welcoming to each of its members. Achieving this is hard work that requires patience, critical thinking, compassion, and a commitment to the idea of community. Everyone benefits when we work together to create an inclusive and engaging campus.
We are committed to helping our students navigate in a manner that exposes them, to all the Institute has to offer. We will provide opportunities to them to consider different perspectives and try new experiences as they progress toward graduation & post graduation. Our goal is to promote individual growth, facilitate constructive engagement in our community, and encourage the development of life skills that will help them to be successful well beyond their time on campus.
Students are expected to uphold appropriate standards of behavior and to respect the rights and privileges of others by following guidelines as stipulated in rules and regulations of the institute.
The Student’s Code of Conduct applies to any student enrolled in a credit course at the Institute including co-op and exchange students. The Code applies to conduct that occurs on or near the premises of the Crescent Institute of Science & Technology. It also applies to conduct that occurs elsewhere if it is related to Institute sponsored programs or activities, or if it occurs in the context of a relationship between the student and a third party that involves the student’s standing, status or academic record at the Institute.
Students living in hostels will also be subject to a separate hostel policy guidelines for conduct that occurs in any buildings managed by Crescent Institute of Science & Technology.
All students must:
- Treat all other students, faculty members, staff, visitors and any other members of the public with respect, dignity, impartiality, courtesy and sensitivity.
- Maintain a cooperative and collaborative approach to inter-personal relationships.
- Act honestly and ethically in their dealings with other students, faculty members, staff, visitors and any other members of the public.
- Respect the privacy of other students, faculty members, staff, visitors and any other members of the public.
- Ensure that they do not act in a manner that unnecessarily or unreasonably impedes the ability of other students, faculty members, staff, visitors and any other members of the public to carry out their study, research or work at the Institute, including in the Library, Class rooms, Seminar Halls and laboratories.
- Ensure that they do not act in a manner that unnecessarily or unreasonably impedes the ability of other students, faculty members and staff to access or use the resources of the Institute, including the Library resources, Class rooms, Seminar Halls and laboratories.
- Ensure that they do not become involved in or encourage discrimination against or harassment or bullying of other students, faculty members, staff, visitors and any other members of the public.
- Ensure that they do not become involved in any form of ragging within or outside the Campus.
- Ensure that they do not indulge in any act of indiscipline as defined in rules and regulations of the Crescent Institute of Science & Technology.
All students must:
- Ensure that their enrolment and progress in their award course is lawful and consistent with the statutes, rule and resolutions of the Crescent Institute of Science & Technology. It is a student’s responsibility to maintain current information in the student information system (TCSion), and observe key dates and deadlines.
- Read all official correspondence from the institute, including email and take appropriate action.
- Act ethically and honestly in the preparation, conduct, submission and publication of academic work, and during all forms of assessment, including formal examinations, informal tests and lab exams.
- Avoid any activity or behavior that would unfairly advantage or disadvantage another student academically.
- Behave professionally, ethically and respectfully in all dealings with the Institute’s learning partners during extramural events, placements and summer internship programmes.
- Use Institute resources, laboratories including information and communication technology resources, in a lawful and ethical manner and for Institute purposes only, unless express permission has been granted for non-Institute or private usage.
Important Policies /Guidelines For Students