School of Infrastructure
Programme Educational Objectives
- To impart knowledge and develop analytical skills to design structural components and systems based on codal provisions and create an urge for lifelong learning
- To impart skills in the usage of state of the art software tools for modeling and evaluation of structural systems
- To improve the analytical skills of the graduates through supportive teaching tools and methodologies as solution providers
- To develop research skills with full exposure to appropriate real time projects in the field of structural engineering
- To educate graduates in the use of sustainable, cost effective construction materials and practices
- To inculcate in students the ethical attitude, team work and effective communication skills
Structural Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyses complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Use research – based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes
- Analyse and design structural components & systems using appropriate software and standards
- Apply engineering techniques and relevant software tools for solving structural engineering problems
- Undertake real time projects and research in the field of structural engineering
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. The candidates should have also secured minimum of 60% in graduation. B.E. / B.Tech.in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering or Equivalent.
For Foreign Students
- Candidate should secure minimum of 60% in graduation.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee – one-time payment (USD)||Total (USD)|
|1||M.Tech. Structural Engineering (2 years)||1500||500||2000|
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
*Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|Boarding & Lodging||USD 2,500|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 200|
*Subjected to Revision