RESEARCH MENTORS & SUPPORTERS
OFFICE OF RESEARCH,B.S.ABDUR RAHMAN CRESCENT INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Over All Administration of office
- Enable PhD admissions according to the UGC Norms in association with Director (Admissions)
- Custodian of scholar’s files, internal and external communications for smooth organization of PhD thesis evaluation
- Administration of research incentive scheme and bursar function for research scholars
Director, ESPAC (Energy, Sponsored Project and Consultancy)
- Promotion of Sponsored Research
- Energy projects
- Environment projects
- Consultancy projects
- Guidance to Ph.D students in Energy sector
- Exploration Geophysics
Deputy Dean (Research)
- Maintenance of UGC, IQAC, NIRF and NAAC Documents
- Journals publications and approvals of publications according to the UGC norms
- Six monthly Review of research scholars
- Arranging Pre-Synopsis and Synopsis
Assistant Dean (Research)
- Plagiarism Checking (Trunitin) of theses and generating reports
- Website Maintenance & Updation
- E-Journal Remote Access
- ISO Files
- Monthly News Letter “Research @Crescent Bulletin”
Research Coordinator – Office of Dean (Research)
Conduct Training programmes for Research scholars & faculty members in Quantitative and qualitative research methodology using SPSS, R Studio, RATTLE, Python, NVIVO, Atlas, JEPHI and TABLEAU.
- Help PhD Scholars to complete their thesis on time according to the norms of the Institution
- Facilitate Research Scholars to publish Papers in reputed peer reviewed indexed Journals with high Impact Factor
- Support Research Scholars “to get associated with business and research Organization” for validation of their research under taking consultancy and testing
- Assist for major and minor Research Projects from different funding Agencies of Govt.of India and International Organizations
- Provide guidance for research Scholars & PG students to go abroad for Research work
- Facilitation Interaction with major Journal publications Such as SAGE, inderscience and ELSVIER etc.,
- Maintenance and upkeep of all laboratory equipment including calibration
- The equipment procured are ensured for interdisciplinary research
ABOUT THE OFFICE OF RESEARCH
- B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, “A Research Intense Institution” lay greater emphasis on academic and research in its endeavor to become a premier institution contributing to the Scientific and Technological development of our Country.
- The Institute has a well-established administrative structure to ensure quality research with various committees, namely, Research Advisory Committee (RAC), Research Board and Research Team and Forum.
- Research Advisory Committee (RAC), comprising eminent researchers in the field of Science, Engineering and Technology, which gives directions to the overall research activities of the Institution.
- Under the guidance of the RAC, Research Board formulates the overall research policies and thrust areas. The Deans of all the schools in the Institution are the members.
- In addition, each department has a research committee, to initiate and monitor the research activities of the department.
- The annual budget of the departments includes the fund required to procure equipment and software for research and their maintenance.
- All the Departments are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and software for carrying out research. The library has over 13,000 e-journals including IEEE, ASME, ASCE, Springer, Elsevier, Emerald, Proquest etc., and a collection of Open Access Journals, apart from 75,000+ Reference & Textbooks.
- 55 Research Fellowships (JRF / SRF) are available in all the Departments, to lure bright youngsters to take up research activities on full time basis.
- To motivate and help faculty members in the preparation of project proposals for funding from various government agencies.
- Research starts with an idea and an idea to various innovations. The APJ Abdul Kalam Innovation Centre is working closely with Research Team to transform the research towards entrepreneurship.