School of Mechanical Sciences
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide intensive learning opportunities through well designed courses involving state-of-the-art concepts and techniques not only in the field of Manufacturing Engineering and in the related interdisciplinary aspects to ensure holistic approach
- To equip the post graduates, with knowledge and skill to undertake design, analysis, evaluation of manufacturing systems and processes
- To supplement course work through seminars, workshops, case studies and through paper presentation
- To inculcate research culture by way of solving typical problems, project works from real life situation, innovative assignments relating to the field of Manufacturing
- To employ multiple strategies to evaluate acquisition of knowledge and skill to enable the students to face real life situation in the globalised scenario
- To provide scope for self-study thereby preparing post graduates for lifelong learning to meet the varied needs in their future careers
On completion of programme, the graduates will
- have the ability to provide solutions for Product Realization
- have the ability to appreciate the relation between Design and Manufacturing
- have a broad understanding and knowledge about the various software in the area of Computer Aided Manufacturing and Inspection
- have ability to undertake research and address open ended problems
- have ability to articulate concepts and ideas with clarity
- have ability to acquire the knowledge in any specific area through study and research
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. The candidates should have also secured minimum of 60% in graduation. B.E./B.Tech.in Mechanical / Auto / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial / Mechatronics / Metallurgy / Aerospace / Aeronautical / Material Science / Marine Engineering or Equivalent.
For Foreign Students
- Candidate should secure minimum of 60% in graduation.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee – one-time payment (USD)||Total (USD)|
|1||M.Tech. Manufacturing Engineering (2 years)||1500||500||2000|
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
*Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|Boarding & Lodging||USD 2,500|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 200|
*Subjected to Revision