School of Life Sciences
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide an introduction to the basic concepts of Genetics and its recent advances
- For the basic understanding, this course includes biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, animal and plant biochemistry
- Moreover, several laboratory courses given in the individual sections of the curriculum with detailed information on the importance of studying genetics in basic and applied research
- This course explains the advanced sections of genetic engineering and genomics along with their applications in the field of immunology, recombinant DNA technology, nanobiotechnology, stem cells research, Pharmaceutical biotechnology and bioinformatics
- This course provides necessary theoretical and practical experience in all divisions of genetics to become an effective professional
- To provide broad exposure to various societal, ethical and commercial issues in the various aspects of genetic engineering
After successfully completing this course, the student should be able to
- Apply their knowledge of genetics, gene structure and functions into high end research and development
- Advanced sections of like Immunology, bioinformatics, nano-biotechnology will give broad information on applications and opportunities in the field of genetic engineering in modern day biotechnological research
- Identify and solve problems related to the different types of animal and plant diseases
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in multi-disciplinary team related to the various branches of genetics
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. B.Sc., Botany / Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology /Biotechnology/ Genetics or equivalent with 60% minimum aggregate.
For Foreign Students
- B.Sc., Botany / Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology /Biotechnology/ Genetics or equivalent with 60% minimum aggregate.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Mathematics, physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects (for all B.Tech.Programmes except Biotechnology and related programmes)
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology as compulsory subjects. (For B.Tech. Biotechnology and related programmes)
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee – one-time payment (USD)||Total (USD)|
|1||M.Sc. Genetics (2 years)||500||500||1000|
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|Boarding & Lodging||USD 2,500|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 200|