Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) established in 1999 and recognized by NSTEDB, DST (National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board) in 2004 with financial assistance of Rs 8 lakhs.
The following objectives were set for EDC
- Create awareness on Entrepreneurship among the students through training programmes and camps
- To identify and motivate budding entrepreneurs
- To facilitate budding entrepreneurs by providing information on entrepreneurial opportunities
- To create data base and networking to help entrepreneurs
- To assist entrepreneurs in product development
- To help entrepreneurs to acquire necessary managerial skills to run the industry effectively
During the last 5 years the following number of programmes were organized.
- No: of Entrepreneurship awareness camps –15 with 1166 participants
- No: of Entrepreneurship development programmes – 6 with 839 participants
- No: of Technology based entrepreneurship development programmes (TEDP) ** – 7 with 350 participants
** Computer hardware maintenance, project management, embedded technology, skill development in filing and office administration.
Organized “Inno Contest 2011” on 2nd March 2011 at the Convention Centre. The main objective is to encourage and nurture the creative ideas and problem solving skills of students. Nearly 40 ideas received and implementable ideas (20no: s) were presented by the students.
Mr. K. R. Nair, Executive Director, Lucas TVS, Chennai & Dr. G. Gangi Reddy, MD, TBI, University of Madras, Chennai judged the performance of the students and gave away prizes.
- The first prize was won by Siddharth Baskar of Final Year ECE for his innovative work on “Acclerometer and Joystick controlled wheel chair with adaptive graphical user interface.”
- The second prize was won by S.Kokila and M.Mano Chitra of III year, Electronics and Instrumentation dept for their idea on “Control of Domestic Gas Cylinder Regulator through GSM.”
- The third prize was awarded to U.Z Mohamed Ali Mujibu of third year, EEE for his idea on “Mobihex”.
The Judges mentioned in their concluding remarks that they will arrange fund for the idea implementation.