School of Mechanical Sciences
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. The candidates should have also secured minimum of 60% in graduation. B.E./B.Tech.in Mechanical / Auto / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial / Mechatronics / Metallurgy / Aerospace / Aeronautical / Material Science / Marine Engineering or Equivalent.
For Foreign Students
- Candidate should secure minimum of 60% in graduation.
- English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
- Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
- Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) courses.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|S.No||Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester (USD)||Admission Fee – one-time payment (USD)||Total (USD)|
|1||M.Tech. CAD-CAM (2 years)||1500||500||2000|
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fee||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is received in the HEI|
|1||100%*||15 days or more before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||80%||15 days or less after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days, after formally-notified last date of admission|
|5||00%||More than 30 days after formally-notified the last date of admission|
*The processing fee of 5% of fee paid will be deducted
Hostel Fee Per Year
|NRI & International Students|
|A/C Double Sharing (Accommodation & Boarding)||USD 2,200|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||USD 100|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide a holistic approach in learning through well designed courses involving fundamental concepts and state-of-the-art techniques in the field of CAD – CAM
- To equip the graduates, with knowledge and skill to undertake design, analysis, evaluation of systems, processes and components
- To supplement course work through seminars, workshops, case studies and through paper presentation
- To inculcate research culture by way of solving typical problems, Project works from real life situation and innovative assignments
- To develop team spirit, problem solving skill and appreciation for ethical and social relevance of the technologies used
On completion of programme, the graduates will
- have sound conceptual knowledge and skill in the area of design and manufacturing
- be able to design, analyse and manufacture real life systems and components
- have capability to use latest software in the area of computer aided engineering for modelling, analysis and manufacture
- be able to undertake academic and applied research and address open ended problems
- have the ability to discharge professional, social & economic responsibilities ethically